How's the weather?

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I get that but the strike is a straight line either up or down. Not jaggedly like the normal strikes you see, watch closely.

kv

Edit: More beam like.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
I have seen an AM radio transmitter tower struck like that but it is unusual. Was probably due to low cloud cover. Didn't have far to go so wasn't ladder stepping as usual.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I have seen an AM radio transmitter tower struck like that but it is unusual. Was probably due to low cloud cover. Didn't have far to go so wasn't ladder stepping as usual.
I thought about that, a power source on the ground that emits a source to cloud or something like that, still looks strange.

I didn’t see it earlier but it’s stuck in the first frame in the slow mo section it’s pretty clear.

kv

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Summer has arrived in Florida. It is defined as, "The Fahrenheit never goes below 70 at night."
Still pretty nice outside, but the 90+ days will be here soon.:(
I'm so happy I finished the winter chores a week ago!
Were those the 2018 winter chores, or the 2019 ones? :p

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Mornings are a little cold which I like, some showers off and on. Sprummer, not spring or summer. I now have two stumps where trees stood, I have a chemical that will kill them, after that in the fall I’ll rent a stump grinder, then order a shipping container to put in the back yard and start my winter house projects. Electrical and gas lines, garage frame and Sheetrock, paint the floor and turn it into my lab/project room. Oh, happy day looking forward to permanent retirement.

kv

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I now have two stumps where trees stood,
I whacked a maple tree and left the stump alone. Three years later, I took the rotten stump out with my bare hands. I think I have a much longer time constant than most people.:D

Meanwhile, the rainy season has started and chasing the lawn mower around the yard is going to be a habit for several months.:( At least it's good exercise.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I whacked a maple tree and left the stump alone. Three years later, I took the rotten stump out with my bare hands. I think I have a much longer time constant than most people.:D

Meanwhile, the rainy season has started and chasing the lawn mower around the yard is going to be a habit for several months.:( At least it's good exercise.
I meant to reply but pulled away by the wife, at my age we forget what we we’re doing, lol Squirrel. Anyway, the good part of lawn mowing for me is it’s just weeds and a small patch I put down for my dogs in the back yard. The Stumps are in the way, next to the driveway was the Maple, I will get a backhoe to trench away from the house and run a pipe back to a rock pit for snow run off and rain from the gutter. On the opposite side of the front yard is the Douglas Fur stump that is raised from the ground, I need to grind it down below surface to maintain a flat surface, still deciding to do concrete or pea gravel and tamp it down. To zero scape the front allows me to do the pea gravel.

Last edited:
90°F 'in the shade' yesterday! -- Methinks I'll have a 'scrape on the terrazzo -
It's just too hot outside
'...

With acknowledgements (apologies?) to Mr. Henley whom being the perpetual 'angry young man' -- and, IMO, better for it!;)

Best regards
HP

Last edited:

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Hey KV! Just stepped outside to toss some trash. Felt like One-Hundred and PHUCK! out there. Burning my little bare footies on the driveway pavement (cement, not asphalt). Digital thermo says 95˚F. Dial Thermo says about the same thing. And yes, I know I'm about 60 miles north of your location, but it's hot as all get-go here too.

Yesterday early morning I started a concrete pour. By the time it was done I was so heat exhausted that I almost couldn't finish the task. Was 5 pounds down from normal weight. Did a lot of sweating. And the heat's going to continue.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Nice day here in Cleveland. Mid 70s F. Just got back home, took visiting granddaughter out for a ride on the bike. Stopped for some frozen custard. By the weekend supposed to warm up again. Really nice day for a ride.

Ron

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
We had been having tons of rain. Both the follow-up of the near-miss hurricane and after. Finally stopped raining and is downright pleasant for August. Temps in the 80s and humidity in the 60s which is unusual for this time of the year. August usually very hot and humid here on the coast.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
We had been having tons of rain. Both the follow-up of the near-miss hurricane and after. Finally stopped raining and is downright pleasant for August. Temps in the 80s and humidity in the 60s which is unusual for this time of the year. August usually very hot and humid here on the coast.
How much is lots? So far in August we have had 300 mm of rain. In July we had 200 mm of rain. It has been like this all summer. August is usually out "dry" month and it is not over...

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
I haven't kept tabs on it but when it rains here it's not a light drizzle. Usually a frog strangling thunderstorm and in July and August that is just about every afternoon. We would be offshore with blue clear skies and see black thunderstorm clouds over the coast and wait for it to clear up before heading back in to the marina. We average ~100 rain days/year with a total of ~50 inches of rain.
1597877227489.png