How you test your devices in production?

Alec_t beat me to it.

There have been discussions here about building cable harness testers. It got pretty complicated.

I tested research grade solar cells. 16 cells on a 1"x1" piece of glass. About two and 1/2 minutes per test. Quantum Efficiency (lamda) took about 45 minutes. Activation energy (I-V vs t) tests ran over night., Flm resistivity took a few seconds. Deposition took a an hour or so for 1 um Molybdenum.

Usually production solar cell test is done with a flash tester,

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I want test equipment with Ethernet and show reports on computer and save they in local folder
Is it real?

What does it mean DMM?
Then collect your data using a digital multi meter or similar device for your voltages, you also mentioned digital signals so a data acquisition device. Then dump the data into a formatted sheet in Excel or similar spreadsheet software. Most off the shelf data acquisition devices have both analog and digital input ports and include the ability to dump the results into Excel or other spread sheet software. If you are testing boards then a bed of nails is a good suggestion if your product has test points then the test points. How you get the data is your design preference. Some off rhe shelf DMMs allow for a computer interface but if you want analog (Voltage) channels and Digital channels I suggest a simple data acquisition device. Most include software to suit your needs. You create a simple user interface panel.

Ron

LabView is the defacto programming standard for controlling instrumentation. It's a graphical programming language based on data flow.

One disadvantage is that you can't save in lower versions. The good part is the manufacturers typically have drivers or VI's (Virtual Instruments) developed for various pieces of hardware, but in one particular version of LabView.

It was a difficult difficult to learn when the language was in it's infancy. It originally ran on the Apple MAC platform. There are interfaces to Excel too. I learned it on my own when it was transitioning to multi-platform.

Klever

Joined Oct 15, 2019
Then collect your data using a digital multi meter or similar device for your voltages, you also mentioned digital signals so a data acquisition device. Then dump the data into a formatted sheet in Excel or similar spreadsheet software. Most off the shelf data acquisition devices have both analog and digital input ports and include the ability to dump the results into Excel or other spread sheet software. If you are testing boards then a bed of nails is a good suggestion if your product has test points then the test points. How you get the data is your design preference. Some off rhe shelf DMMs allow for a computer interface but if you want analog (Voltage) channels and Digital channels I suggest a simple data acquisition device. Most include software to suit your needs. You create a simple user interface panel.

Ron
In my dreams I see mesurement device with Ethernet. Not rs232 or USB
Is it real?

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
In my dreams I see mesurement device with Ethernet. Not rs232 or USB
Is it real?
Yes, it is very real. How you want to interface a DAQ (Data Acquisition Device) to a personal computer, server or anything else is up to you. While I use USB and Ethernet I have also used and still occasionally use RS232. Just as a few examples Dataq Instruments and Measurment Computing as well as a few dozen others offer data acquisition devices with a wide range of interface and include software to record data which a user can modify easily. The links are merely examples of the dozens available, you decide what you want or need and what will work for you. Most will also dump data into a format like CSV (Comma Separated Value) which can be placed into a spreadsheet software like Excel or Open Office Calc. Using a few simple math functions you can print results in Green and any out of tolerance values in Red. You can pretty much have whatever you want, this is your project.

Ron

Klever

Joined Oct 15, 2019
Yes, it is very real. How you want to interface a DAQ (Data Acquisition Device) to a personal computer, server or anything else is up to you. While I use USB and Ethernet I have also used and still occasionally use RS232. Just as a few examples Dataq Instruments and Measurment Computing as well as a few dozen others offer data acquisition devices with a wide range of interface and include software to record data which a user can modify easily. The links are merely examples of the dozens available, you decide what you want or need and what will work for you. Most will also dump data into a format like CSV (Comma Separated Value) which can be placed into a spreadsheet software like Excel or Open Office Calc. Using a few simple math functions you can print results in Green and any out of tolerance values in Red. You can pretty much have whatever you want, this is your project.

Ron
Thank. This is a good information.
But I cannot see any dicsreet input and output signal.
Could you recommend me this one?

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Thank. This is a good information.
But I cannot see any dicsreet input and output signal.
Could you recommend me this one?
Discreet Input / Output? I am not sure what you mean? Earlier I and others mentioned you need to decide in detail what parameters you wish to test. Then simply choose a device which will do what you wish. That can be any data acquisition device including a common DMM (Digital Multimeter) which has an interface to run automated under control of a computer or similar device.

I can't see your product or test line. I have no idea how you track the product. I also have no idea if you have any programming skills. What you are looking to do is not difficult but as I mentioned earlier you need to define, in detail, your objective.

Ron

Ron