How to stop facebook intrusion ?

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005
I do not use/have any 'social' sites membership nor go there.
When loading a web page, -almost any web page- facebook shows reported as intruding/loading/inspecting/optioning in the process of loading.
Am sick of that.
How to ban facebook from doing anything in my compfuser ? In my ignorance of this subject, I believe that happens on sites that show the option 'Log in with facebook' or something like that.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
I would guess the Farcebook link is a feature of the Xenforo software. Perhaps the site operators here could disable it, but whether that could be done on a per-member basis or not ..... who knows?

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
What browser are you using? I use FF and an add on called Disconnect. It will block facebook, twittter and other social sites, such as google and google tracking.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
I think it makes it faster.
Good. I will give a try.
My slow old PC, WinXP SP3 + FF, allow to see with how many sites there is traffic prior actually opening the page I selected. Google, facebook, doubleclick and more....

/EDIT to add:

Installed quite quickly. Coming from testing with 3 different newspapers I frequent. Much faster now.

Gracias.

EDIT/

Last edited:

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
The Disconnect add on is very revealing. It will show you how devious and prolific internet tracking is.

As you start blocking sites on the content tab, you will notice that when you block one, 3 or 4 will take it's place.

I have seen over one thousand servers blocked on one fracking web page. It is truly scary.

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005

...Installed quite quickly. Coming from testing with 3 different newspapers I frequent. Much faster now.

Gracias.

EDIT/
Hola Agustín
Please come back after a few days of evaluation. Am paranoic on installing anything extra in my compfuser. Running lean Linux, Gnome, Firefox and Adblock here. But I will accept BR-549 'Disconnect' suggestion if I can get rid of those social links. It is not about speed, it is more about control. I control my compfuser; not pushers on the net.
I laugh at messages asking me to "please disable your adblocker; it costed me 5 cents !" on certain sites that detect me. I pay internet access per megabyte and have no interest in seeing my screen (and speed) taken by jumping monkeys, videos and facebook logins... How niiiice was the internet around 1996 !

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Holey Smoke, Rocky. Between Adblock and Disconnect, I am not downloading as many as 84 intrusions per page.:confused:
and AAC scores ZERO pieces of dreck that needed blocking.:)