How to start a PIC project, with data sheets, PCBs etc

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
Regarding bells and whistles, the project that you're helping me with, has grown over the years, but that's because I learnt, that a newly discovered 'bell' was so good, that I had to add it into the project, and the problem is that I keep learning about new 'whistles'
Hi C,
Technology is advancing every day, if you continue with your method of creating a project, it means that your project will never be completed and tested.!

Ref the servo problem, you say your project has 6 servos, 2 for surface control and the other 4 maybe used for camera’s.
Have you tried just setting up the 6 servos on a working rig and driving them in a manner you expect in the final product, using an emulator/program driver jig that will show the functional limits of the servo's operation?

E

camerart

Joined Feb 25, 2013
In a career lasting half a century I never came up short of microprocessor resources requiring a panic redesign. One time a supplier failed to fulfill a delivery contract for 1000 pieces with 26 week delivery time and told us to pound sand because they were servicing their German customers. We did do a redesign which actually benefitted us in the long run.

Maybe I was lucky or maybe I was just good enough to never wind up a day late or a dollar short.
Hi P,
Just good enough, I'd guess, I'm amateur so have to make it up as I go along.

I thought of an example of questioning a decision. Choosing SPI or I2C, near the beginningof this project, I chose SPI, and much of the searches I did use I2C, I've muddled through with SPI, and I'm glad.
C

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Hi P,
Just good enough, I'd guess, I'm amateur so have to make it up as I go along.

I thought of an example of questioning a decision. Choosing SPI or I2C, near the beginningof this project, I chose SPI, and much of the searches I did use I2C, I've muddled through with SPI, and I'm glad.
C
SPI has more wires to worry about but it's much faster and can handle many of the same parts on a bus - some I2c parts have a limited number of addresses to set so you need to get into I2C extenders and the complexity that goes with that. It's good to know both and each has its place.