How to solder cable from speaker to subwoofer: Creative A200 2 Speakers

gs11

Joined Apr 24, 2021
My Creative 9 pin male din is damaged. I want to solder cable directly to PCB. I have 6 small cables: red,blue,gray,white,orange,black.

r/diysound - How to solder cable from speaker to subwoofer: Creative A200 2 Speakers

r/diysound - How to solder cable from speaker to subwoofer: Creative A200 2 Speakers

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
The cheap low power speaker system has no sub-woofer. The little 4" speaker is a mid-woofer because it is too small to be a sub-woofer. The amplifier for the mid-woofer produces only 5W.

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
Can you trace where each wire was connected to through the connector? If not, you will need either a good schematic or find someone with the same device who is willing to trace the connections.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
If you have the plug that was on the cable and if there are still some of the wires on the plug then you have some hope of possibly getting the connections correct. But if the plug is disposed of because it was damaged then there is very little chance of connecting the wires to the correct locations.
In addition, unless you have very good soldering and unsoldering skills, it is unlikely that the circuit board will be usable after the 9-position Din connector is unsoldered and removed. You will have a much better chance of making it work by getting a replacement 9 position DIN plug.

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
If you find out where the wires should be connected, you don't need to unsolder the DIN connector. Just solder the wires onto the connector pins on the back of the board.