How to simulate start motor control using resistor with PSIM

Silentech

Joined Sep 14, 2009
Hy....
I have a homework to explain start motor control using resistor with PSIM software..
but i`m newbie using PSIM..
anybody here can help me to solved my problem..:)
Can teach me how to make motor control with resistor with PSIM??
maybe u can give me PSIM sch data, so i can get learn more..
this is point that i wanna know..

• RPM if we not used resistor (DOL)..
  • Different between using resistor or not..
  • How to get start motor with Low Ampere (using Resistor-low RPM). But, will be increased RPM step by step (if we using 2 resistor, it will be not use 1 by 1 until highest RPM )
Anybody can help me in PSIM :D
I will be thankfull...
I love this forum..;)

t_n_k

Joined Mar 6, 2009
Perhaps the uploaded file will only work on later versions of PSIM - I'm using version 8.0 (the demo version). I tried back (down) loading the file and it ran OK on my setup.

What options for motor simulation does your version (6.0) include?

And is it the 3-phase wound rotor induction motor you are actually interested in?

Silentech

Joined Sep 14, 2009
i think to use DC motor..
can u help me to design the ideal start motor low ampere..
this is what was i do..
can u help me to redesign my scheme so it will be ideal motor?
thx b4 :D

Attachments

t_n_k

Joined Mar 6, 2009
i think to use DC motor..
can u help me to design the ideal start motor low ampere..
this is what was i do..
can u help me to redesign my scheme so it will be ideal motor?
thx b4 :D
What you have done so far looks reasonable. What do you mean by an ideal motor? You could adjust the motor parameters to values that might be considered as approaching ideal.

If you have a design specification, then that would be a useful starting point from which your questions can be better addressed.

I guess we could go back to your original post and use that. You can certainly use what you have done so far to differentiate between a DOL case and a soft start case - 3 steps in your current implementation.

You may need to include some feedback sensing to do the series resistance switching at points where the motor current reaches a series of pre-defined values. Is that what you hope to achieve? If so, I can probably offer some suggestions there.