How to setup Raspberry PI 3 board

Parth786

Joined Jun 19, 2017
I am looking help to setup raspberry pi 3 board. I bought a raspberry pi 3 board, I just wanted to work on it. I don't have a keyboard monitor and mouse. I have read it that we can connect the Pi directly to the laptop. We don't need to extra keyboard, monitor and mouse. I have laptop, I want to connect raspberry pi 3 to my laptop.

I want to connect raspberry pi 3 to Wifi router. Because I use wifi router. if i buy personal router I have to pay charge monthly for the internet. That’s reason i want to connect my raspberry pi 3 to wifi router

upload_2017-11-16_22-13-0.png

I have stored Raspbian into Micro SD card. I did google for further steps but i don't understand what to do now. Please someone help me to setup raspberry pi 3 ?

Last edited:

philba

Joined Aug 17, 2017
The PI 3 has wifi so all you need to do is set that up.

I'd borrow a keyboard, mouse and monitor to run through the process. There are a lot things that will be easier to set up with GUI (location, network info, language, language encoding, SSH, ...). Once that's done, then you can SSH in via your LAN and give back the mouse, keyboard and monitor.

Also, why would your ISP care if you have 2 routers as long as one runs through the other.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
You have to enable SSH to be able to log on your RPi with a console program, like putty.
... and you need to know the RPi's IP address. This info is easy to get, when you have the above mentioned items.

Parth786

Joined Jun 19, 2017
I have not tried this instruction myself, but it seems to be good.
This method is not working for me.
The PI 3 has wifi so all you need to do is set that up.

I'd borrow a keyboard, mouse and monitor to run through the process. There are a lot things that will be easier to set up with GUI (location, network info, language, language encoding, SSH, ...). Once that's done, then you can SSH in via your LAN and give back the mouse, keyboard and monitor.
The problem is that I can arrange keyboard and mouse. But I can not get a monitor , where I live, it's a new place for me.
I have come here to find a job. I had bought the board so that I could practice on it. Most people here have a laptop any way I will try to get TV or monitor
You have to enable SSH to be able to log on your RPi with a console program, like putty.
... and you need to know the RPi's IP address. This info is easy to get, when you have the above mentioned items.
Do I Need monitor keyboard mouse only once o Set Up PI. If this is the case, I have to find person that has computer. So that it will be possible to set up PI. But I had to read that we could set up Pi without all this.

philba

Joined Aug 17, 2017
Yes, it's possible but you'll need to configure linux networking and ssh, copy onto the boot sdcard, boot, test. with the only feedback that it either works or doesn't. If you were a linux expert, it would be easy. Otherwise you'll be stumbling around in the dark. Go ahead and try it, you might get lucky. I've probably brought up maybe 20 linux systems in the last 10 years or so and I still scratch my head even with a console (monitor).

Once you get ssh to your laptop, you can do everything though a m/m/k and the gui is a lot easier..

Do you have friend with a raspi and m/m/k? You could probably get pretty with your own sdcard.

Parth786

Joined Jun 19, 2017
Do you have friend with a raspi and m/m/k? You could probably get pretty with your own sdcard.
I don't have friend raspi and m/m/k. I am searching job I'm leaving out of my home town. but I know some people here. I am trying to find a person that has computer.
I have 16 GB Micro SD card

upload_2017-11-17_8-3-14.png

Last edited:

Parth786

Joined Jun 19, 2017
I looked some tutorial and downloaded some software. Now I am able to ip address of my RPI. and I think I have enabled ssh. I have done all without external keyboard, monitor and mouse.

How to verify whether my board is ready to work or not, Do I have to do more settings ?
This is screenshot

upload_2017-11-18_15-26-27.png

Note : I have erased ip address because of security reason because most of people say that we shouldn't share our ip address

simozz

Joined Jul 23, 2017
Parth786 said:
How to verify whether my board is ready to work or not, Do I have to do more settings ?
It should be ready, depending on what you want to do..

Parth786 said:
I have erased IP address because of security reason because most of people say that we shouldn't share our IP address
This usually refer to public IP address. The IP you tapped is the local IP of your network.