How to secure a hose to a hose fitting

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I prefer the gardena system. Very durable last for years. It has also a stop system. So the water stops then you take out what ever gizmo you have on the water hose

someonesdad

Joined Jul 7, 2009
I prefer the gardena system. Very durable last for years. It has also a stop system. So the water stops then you take out what ever gizmo you have on the water hose
t06afre: I've tried those and they are very nice where they work. Unfortunately for me, I have mostly 1.25" supplies for my faucets from the ditch pump and sometimes I have to run 100-200 feet of 3/4" hose. Those fittings restrict too much flow on long lines.

The longest I've had to run a line is to the neighbor's house to get our water when our well was being worked on. Then you need to make up a short adapter with two female hose fittings. The constrictor knot works great for such temporary things.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I don't know if this is a good think or not, but my town of Garland has really high water pressure. It tends to blow out cheap hoses.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
All part of the metroplex, and it keeps growing.

If I say Garland people either yawn or think of "King of the Hill".

If I say Dallas...

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
All my experience with hoses comes from my work as a seaman.

On board, hoses are mostly dedicated to firefighting and are a real concern. I was involved in two cases of fire on board myself.

The sole system I know (I quit vessels, 20 years ago, but I am still in close contact attending them in port) was the classic clamp. Certainly if the clamp is friendly to your hand it does not matter much...

Lately, I've seen firefighting hoses secured with lot of turns of seizing wire instead of clamps.

Years ago, somebody told me on board that it was compulsory instead of the traditional clamps. Have to check that. I will do today in a vessel starting this afternoon.

Regarding knots, have to admit that I am a little bit rusty but the most common I still use from time to time.

The last trick I have learn lately is how to shorten a soft grommet sling to fit the required length to lift a piece.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
I'm talking the TV show Dallas... :D
Yea, you lost me...

update, we didn't live in garland, we lived in fort worth area. I was confused since my dads company has a plant in garland.

Apparently after the hail destroyed our cars and came through the skylight, the worm snakes came through the carpet, and my parents were still getting freaked out by the constant giant cockroaches in the bathtub and everywhere else, the rat snakes in the chimney that ended up in he car, and the spiders the size of a fist, my mom insisted we move back to Indiana.

I be glad. My blood is too thick for super-hot weather.