How to run 10 1w led in parallel?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Wow... If there was only a way that the OP could tell us where in the world he was.

Probably US since the screen shot shows what seems to be a Harbor Freight digital caliper (or at least it is in English). But we still not know what the OP wants to spend or how much trouble OP wants to put into the project. If I just wanted to mess around with LEDs, I would not go out and buy a supply if I had something on hand I could get to work.

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
A 36V supply is easily obtained. Much better than paralleling various strings of LEDs with high power resistors balancining the current. The LEDs will illuminate just fine with 250mA, so a 36V @ 250mA supply will be all that is needed to operate the series string.
he specifically asked for maximum output and using lower voltage supply

SLK001

Joined Nov 29, 2011
I don't care what he asked for. I simply gave him my advice as to what I thought would be the best way (and also the easiest way) to operate ten 1W LEDs. The advice I gave is worth exactly what he paid for it and he is free to profit from its use, or to send it to the round file.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012

Yes, but the new trend is to answer the question you WANT to be asked, instead of answering the one that was ACTUALLY asked. It is kind of a disease - and gets worse for people watching 24-hour news channels.

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
Resistor looks good. I love my HF caliper, maybe like would be better or people will think that I'm strange.
My 1 W white LED, like in the picture, has a white body with a yellow dot on edge by +
terminal, no other markings.

Last edited: