How to prevent unused functions from operating?

naseeam

Joined Jan 4, 2017
How to prevent unused functions from operating? | Experts Exchange
Our Advanced Drive Assist Systems(ADAS) project is based on Two identical Renesas RH850 / U2A16 Microcontrollers. Our programming language is embedded 'C'.

How to create settings so that unused functions do no operate? Please provide an example.

BobaMosfet

Joined Jul 1, 2009
How to prevent unused functions from operating? | Experts Exchange
Our Advanced Drive Assist Systems(ADAS) project is based on Two identical Renesas RH850 / U2A16 Microcontrollers. Our programming language is embedded 'C'.

How to create settings so that unused functions do no operate? Please provide an example.
First, if a function isn't called, it isn't used. Beyond that, this is really a question of how you configure your compiler optimization. This is called 'dead code elimination'

Last edited:

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
I would tell you that operation is entirely too creepy to be real.

I was going to advise you to turn it off once and forever, but that is what booted up Skynet.

Just leave it be and walk away slowly.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I would tell you that operation is entirely too creepy to be real.

I was going to advise you to turn it off once and forever, but that is what booted up Skynet.

Just leave it be and walk away slowly.
Queue the Twilight Zone music and visual effects.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Let's give the TS a chance to answer the question. Piling on is of only momentary benefit, but if we have the patience to read the reasoning behind the question we might even learn something, IMHO

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Seven posts over 36 hours is hardly what I would call piling on. Still, if the TS has something to contribute we are all still waiting to hear what that is.