How to open the box

marcoscc2002

Joined May 22, 2017
Hi Sir

I have a unit that do not power on and I will try to repair it but I have no idea how to open the unit. Can you help me with tips to open the box ? Thanks in advance for your help. Best regards Marcos Silva from Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

marcoscc2002

Joined May 22, 2017
Thanks sir to move my thread to the correct place.

I have a B&W A7 wireless speaker box and I can not power on the unit.
The unit was working very well for long time and few weeks ago stop to work. Apparently this is a power supply problem because no current is draw for the 120VAC (Totally open circuit measured in the power outlet).
I need to troubleshooting the power supply, but I need to open the unit case to do that and after a very detailed inspection I can not see how to open the unit to have access to circuits inside the A7 wireless speaker system.
So, I need some help to tell me how is the procedure to open the B&W A7 to have access to its power supply to repair it.

Thanks in advance for any help

Best regards Marcos Silva

IMP002017

Joined Jan 28, 2017
I am not 100% sure because it has been a while since I opened one up. If I remember right there are tabs that need to release the sleeve. This is like a cover that covers the box. Once you take that off with access from the bottom then I think there was 6 to 8 screws holding the unit together.

From the bottom, slide pressure to area behind sleeve to release, slide cover off and remove screws. I will try and find more info. Sadly it has been at least 3 years since I took one apart.