How to make led stop blink when a countdown is done

Yakui

Joined Jan 14, 2024
Hello!
I am making a project where LEDs light up randomly when hit a switch,LEDs will have their respective buttons,which can get you a point when a button is pressed when lights up and lost a point when a button is pressed when light is off and when the 60s countdown is over, They all stop.
I have got the countdown here using Jk flip-flops, BCD, 4-bit binary counter and some gates.Have no idea how to make led stop when time's up.
And I also have the random led light up using 555timer mainly..And this is for Only one led...
I don't know if there's way to make led randomly light up...I mean for all led in one circuit diagram
And lastly is scoreboard...
I have got the up/down button scoreboard with 555timer, 2 4026 and push button switch..
What I want here is when you pressed a button of a led when it is on, you get a point and when it is off, you lose a point..

So how do I implement the countdown with randomly lighting up leds and also scoreboard... Pls give advice...

Jerry-Hat-Trick

Joined Aug 31, 2022
You don’t mention how many LEDs, each with their respective push button, but I recommend using a processor with sufficient I/O lines to drive LEDs and check the state of the switches.

An Arduino UNO has sufficient I/O pins for around eight LEDs and switches and there are ways to stretch the numbers with multiplex methods

So much easier to do this with a processor than with 555s and discreet logic. You can easily add a four digit seven segment LED display to count down the seconds and then display the score. I made a similar game where an LED comes on randomly and two players compete to press a button fastest to win a point, but if they press before the LED comes on they lose a point

Yakui

Joined Jan 14, 2024
You don’t mention how many LEDs, each with their respective push button, but I recommend using a processor with sufficient I/O lines to drive LEDs and check the state of the switches.

An Arduino UNO has sufficient I/O pins for around eight LEDs and switches and there are ways to stretch the numbers with multiplex methods

So much easier to do this with a processor than with 555s and discreet logic. You can easily add a four digit seven segment LED display to count down the seconds and then display the score. I made a similar game where an LED comes on randomly and two players compete to press a button fastest to win a point, but if they press before the LED comes on they lose a point
Thank u for answering! But the project is to do without Arduino...My bad I didn't write it in the post above.
I think I will use 8 LEDs here...
And your game sounds amazingg

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Random is difficult to do without a microcontroller.
Depends upon how "random" you need.

Below is the LTspice sim of a linear-feedback, pseudo-random pulse generator using two ICs, an 8-bit, parallel-out shrift-register and an XOR gate package:
The sequence repeats in (2^n - 1) clock-pulses when n is the bit-length or 255 pulses here.

The clock can be generated by any digital oscillator, such as a 555 timer configured as an astable.

1705432244764.png