How to make a voltage regulator???

bumblebee4469

Joined Nov 20, 2008
How can i make my own solid state voltage regulator using transistor, capacitor, diod, resistor and any electrical things needed for the voltage regulator?

The input rages from 8V-11V and the output is a constant 6V?

I also need to built my own over voltage relay protection where the input will cut-off if over 12V is supplied?

Input 8V - 11V --- Output 6V+Over voltage relay protection?

Please list down the things needed and the circuit drawing?

I need to submit this project before 25th Nov?

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
We will help with your design, but we won't do the work for you.

Linear power supplies using series pass transistors were common until fairly recently. Have you got any ideas on how to go about the circuit? Any constraints as to the components to use?

How can i make my own solid state voltage regulator using transistor, capacitor, diod, resistor and any electrical things needed for the voltage regulator?

The input rages from 8V-11V and the output is a constant 6V?

I also need to built my own over voltage relay protection where the input will cut-off if over 12V is supplied?

Input 8V - 11V --- Output 6V+Over voltage relay protection?

Please list down the things needed and the circuit drawing?

I need to submit this project before 25th Nov?

So there is no criteria for your project? This means anything goes? Does it need to work as a professional project? Or should it just be presentable and work? Because there are many ways to go about it. There are 12V relays out there. So when you hit 12V it'll just switch on similar to a overvoltage fuse.

CDRIVE

Joined Jul 1, 2008
I commented once, but any posts to the OP is wasted effort. He's gone, likely never to return.
Gee, I had a crappy Monday. Actually, I think most Mondays are crappy. Anyway, this thread managed to do what I would have thought was impossible..... Put a smile on my face! :rolleyes::D:eek: