how to longthen ribbon cable?

Poor old sod

Joined Jul 25, 2017
have an LG 4k led tv with spare unknown bare LED digitiser, also LG, but the brown film-like connector strips from it are too short to reach round and tuck into the slots in the back of the screen frame to connect to the TCOM board ribbons. I'm not sure if TCOM ribbons are the same numb of conductors left and right for both digitisers, but the layouts are the same pattern and similar sizes, apart from o'all depth. The only ribbons I have are different widths on one tv. [68 & 60 conductors?] I prob need 50mm more both. can I buy them to order in Australia? Both TCOM boards were 16xxxx type.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
If the two screen sizes are exactly identical then you might have a very slight chance of making part of it sort of work. Maybe. That is why some repairs are not made to flat screen TV s and displays. If the cables had exatly the same circuits then you would simply unsolder the one and solder in a longer one. That is all, just 64 thin wires on 0.5mm centers is all. And there are probably over a dozen of those cables.

Poor old sod

Joined Jul 25, 2017
no soldering req'd. cant see well enuf to count conductors, something near or more than 60. cable markings are eunsun e129545 awm 20861 105 60V vw-1 FT1/FT2 f halogen free. means very little to me. cable size is 175mmx35mm, need 225mmx35mm x2 alibaba useless, can't refind possible source, as no longer listed. don't know spacing.

friend says tcon cables are 66 conductor, but digitisers cable receivers are only 60 wire width. prob won't work really wish I could ID digitiser.

Last edited: