how to know which is the correct method of solving???

milee

Joined Sep 20, 2007
i want to know...while solving for the current and other network analysis what would be the correct method of solving...i would like to know this specially for the exam prep.

milee

Joined Sep 20, 2007
Actually i was talking about in general but o be specific i would like to present an example...
well the circuit goes like this....it consist of three loops...1 loop consists of an ammeter, resistor, and a voltmeter. this voltmeter is shared in loop 2 as well. then the 2nd loop consist of a resistor and the 3rd loop consist of ammeter only....
now this problem is to be solved by any method....
i would also like to know which method would be appropriate to used in solving this problem and why...

cheddy

Joined Oct 19, 2007
Well an ammeter should hopefully have a negligible resistance and be in series with the circuit so it's effect on the circuit can be ignored. The voltmeter should be in parallel with a +10Mohm resistance that is also negligible and it's effect can also be ignored.

The ammeter should give you a reading in Amps
The Voltmeter should give you are reading in Volts

Ohms Law: V = I * R

So you should divide your voltmeter reading by your ammeter reading and get a answer equal to the resistance of the resistor in Ohms.

recca02

Joined Apr 2, 2007
if u havent had much practice in network analysis KVL is the most simple way to go for loop analysis. sometimes u may have to use superposition in conjunction.
it is mostly when the circuit gets a lot more complex other methods are preferable.
i would recommend KVL since it helps in understanding a lot about networks.