How to interface controller with relay

Saiteja chinthalapati

Joined Oct 25, 2018
I want to develop a module in which i have to operate 32 relays.
1. Controller ----->Shift Register------>ULN2003------> Relay

but i don't want to use shift register. Can some one suggest me alternate for this. Controller input is DMX-512

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
So this is a slave device you are building?

What is the DMX-512 specific signal format that will control the relays?

Last edited:

Saiteja chinthalapati

Joined Oct 25, 2018
Controller i will get DMX-512 input signal depends on the signal i have to turn on-off relays for that one thing how we can achieve is using shift register and relay drivers but i don't want to use shift register in place of that is there any module which i can use for relay triggering by using less(up to 10) I/0 pins of controllers

cognas

Joined Feb 24, 2017
Are you still working on this? There are several ways of addressing 32 relays, but it would really help if you could tell us what you're doing - for example, is one relay used at a time? Switch it on, switch it off, then use a different relay? If so, you could use a couple of demultiplexer chips - 5 inputs, 32 outputs. You will probably need a transistor to drive each relay. What resistance are their coils, and what voltage? You seem reluctant to say what the project is - but it would to know, help if you want a useful answer.

danadak

Joined Mar 10, 2018
Are you looking for 32 individual addressable latching outputs ?

One chip design in PSOC could be used. You could also contemplate putting
a DMX512 controller solution, also inside same chip.

Note resources mostly unused, see right hand window.

1578315465292.png

Regards, Dana.

Saiteja chinthalapati

Joined Oct 25, 2018
Are you still working on this? There are several ways of addressing 32 relays, but it would really help if you could tell us what you're doing - for example, is one relay used at a time? Switch it on, switch it off, then use a different relay? If so, you could use a couple of demultiplexer chips - 5 inputs, 32 outputs. You will probably need a transistor to drive each relay. What resistance are their coils, and what voltage? You seem reluctant to say what the project is - but it would to know, help if you want a useful answer.
I got the solution...thanks for your reply