How to increase charging current of the inverter

falade47

Joined Jan 24, 2017
I have a 20kva three phase inverter with product name emel ..i did some manipulations earlier on just to keep the inverter on without switching when there's mains..mains in only charges the battery and the load runs on power provided by the inverter whilst the battery is charging..
The battery charges but still goes down gradually as the charging current cannot compensate for the current drawn by the load..
So please how do i increase the charging current?...i have these ports i could tweak on the charging section board but which ?

Attachments

drc_567

Joined Dec 29, 2008
Are you certain that the inverter is rated as 20 kVA? Is there a nameplate with relevant specifications? The physical size of the three transformers on the board seems more like 20 VA.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
So please how do i increase the charging current?.
Do you know for sure that thebattery could withstand a higher charging current?
What charging current is specified/recommended on the battery (or by the battery manufacturer)?
What is the present actual charging current?
What is the rated current of the charger?

falade47

Joined Jan 24, 2017
Do you know for sure that thebattery could withstand a higher charging current?
What charging current is specified/recommended on the battery (or by the battery manufacturer)?
What is the present actual charging current?
What is the rated current of the charger?
The battery rating is actually100Ah..2kw single phase transmitter connected draws 9A and on my current meter when the battery starts to charge draws 7.5A..with this situation i need increase the charging current..