How to include LTspice simulation folder

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I want to use the TI op-amp TLV272 in a simulation. The Spice models offered by TI are folders containing three files, with .lib, .tld and .tsm extensions.

I've only used single-file include files in the past, with the ".inc" directive, and don't know what to do with a folder full of files. Including only the .lib file caused errors.

Preparing for a forehead slapping moment. :confused:

Last edited:

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
The dopes at TI have privatized their models, and even encrypted most of them is such a way that they run only in a proprietary simulator... They claim you can download a "free" version to run their models, but when I did it, I kept getting "offers" to buy a commercial version of the simulator... (Adware?)

I did find some PSPICE models for the TLV272. Also something specific to LTSpice, here.

Last edited:

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I did find some PSPICE models for the TLV272.
Do you mean the ones at TI? Those are also folders instead of single files. The .asy file is for the symbol. I don't think that's my problem.

TI is screwing the pooch with this.

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I grabbed the linked .asy file, saved it in my >LTSpice path, and built this:
294.gif
Just put the .asy file in the same subdirectory as Draft294.asc, and it should run for you...

Attachments

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Well that's cool, and it works! Seems to have a lot more detail and nuance than the .asy file floating around. Where did this come from? I couldn't find it at TI.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I'm not sure "encrypted" is the right word. I can read the model files they provide, I just can't figure out how to use them.