LTspice & the .include command

BogusBogmeyer

Joined Jun 14, 2020
Hey Folks,

I try for two days now to ".include" a File we got via Email for my "Online Field Work/Practicum" in Electrical Enigneering. My issue is, the .lib Data simple doesn't show up in my List in LTSpice.

I've the Data (Which is encrypted, because of ... I don't know ... otherwise I simple would've copied the Specs into the .lib Datas in the Register of LTSpice itself) in the same Folder as the Circut itself but ".INCLUDE LindermaierLEVEL1.lib" doesn't work.

What do I overlook?

Thanks for your help!

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Welcome to AAC!
If you are using LTspiceXV11 on a Win10 machine, even if you installed LTS in a location of your choosing, LTS expects by default to find the lib file on the ....Users\User\Documents path. Is that where you saved it?

BogusBogmeyer

Joined Jun 14, 2020
No, I saved it on a Folder on my Desktop to be honest.

So, if I would put the File in the Document Folder of Win10, it could work?

Edit: I installed LTSpice under "C:\Program Files\LTC\LTspiceXVII", isn't that the location of it's own choosing? ^^

God, I actually don't know if it works right now - it doesn't bring a Error Report anymore if I simple name the nMOS, but it also don't show me any Values of it so I don't know if I simple simulate cr*p or the Profs did choose a weirdly nMOS Type, because I've in one task now real subthreshold mode in the circut. :/

Last edited:

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
So, if I would put the File in the Document Folder of Win10, it could work?
Although your LTS installation is on your Progrm Files path, LTS will have copied files into your Documents path. By default, when LTS runs it looks for the model in the file C:\Users\User\Documents|\LTspiceXV11\lib\sub. A .include directive on the schematic can then point to the model.