How to include LTspice simulation folder

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I want to use the TI op-amp TLV272 in a simulation. The Spice models offered by TI are folders containing three files, with .lib, .tld and .tsm extensions.

I've only used single-file include files in the past, with the ".inc" directive, and don't know what to do with a folder full of files. Including only the .lib file caused errors.

Preparing for a forehead slapping moment. :confused:

Last edited:

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
The dopes at TI have privatized their models, and even encrypted most of them is such a way that they run only in a proprietary simulator... They claim you can download a "free" version to run their models, but when I did it, I kept getting "offers" to buy a commercial version of the simulator... (Adware?)

I did find some PSPICE models for the TLV272. Also something specific to LTSpice, here.

Last edited:

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I did find some PSPICE models for the TLV272.
Do you mean the ones at TI? Those are also folders instead of single files. The .asy file is for the symbol. I don't think that's my problem.

TI is screwing the pooch with this.

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I grabbed the linked .asy file, saved it in my >LTSpice path, and built this:
294.gif
Just put the .asy file in the same subdirectory as Draft294.asc, and it should run for you...

Attachments

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Yeah, I just tried it and it does indeed work. Thanks.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Well that's cool, and it works! Seems to have a lot more detail and nuance than the .asy file floating around. Where did this come from? I couldn't find it at TI.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Well there's the forehead slap I was looking for: Read the f-ing data sheet! o_O

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I'm not sure "encrypted" is the right word. I can read the model files they provide, I just can't figure out how to use them.