How to generate a low-frequency PWM with duty cycle less than 1%

Nick Long

Joined May 12, 2020
Does that work on only 1.5V?
The voltage provided by the voltage doubler is around 1.5V. It can be boosted to a higher voltage, but the power from the AC source is very low, around 100 uW. Increasing the state of voltage multiplier would decrease the efficiency, I think.

Nick Long

Joined May 12, 2020
I don't know if there are devices outside of an ASIC that work at a lower voltage than about 1.65 Volts. The 74LVC1G parts work down to that voltage and may work lower without guaranteed specifications. What is even better is that there is an LTspice library for them. It is 74LVC1G.lib and it is available from @Bordodynov

Bordodynov's Library

The library is contained in the 16M file which is the first link
Thanks for your help. I will try this.

Danko

Joined Nov 22, 2017
I need the power consumption as low as possible, around several micro watts of tens of micro watts.
OK, now you have it.
If I want to use a supply of 1.5 V, could you please recommend a suitable inverter to achieve the same result?
There is good Russian saying: "Аппетит приходит во время еды", which means "Appetite is coming during eating".;)
See how it works from 1V.
L1 is electromagnetic actuator.
1621667283438.png
ADDED:
Power, consumed from PS 1V, depends on L1 value:
1mH -->249uW
3mH --> 89uW
5mH --> 56uW

BTW, resistor R4 1MΩ in the picture above is absolutely useless and can be removed from circuit.

Attachments

Last edited:

Nick Long

Joined May 12, 2020
OK, now you have it.

There is good Russian saying: "Аппетит приходит во время еды", which means "Appetite is coming during eating".;)
See how it works from 1V.
L1 is electromagnetic actuator.
View attachment 239244
ADDED:
Power, consumed from PS 1V, depends on L1 value:
1mH -->249uW
3mH --> 89uW
5mH --> 56uW
Thanks for your kindly help, Danko.