How to find power dissipated in a Doherty Power Amplifier?

nimishasg

Joined Feb 4, 2020
Given the bias voltages(Vds,Vgs ...) ,quiescent current and leakage current of a Doherty Amplifier for a particular supply voltage,how to calculate the Maximum DC power dissipation by the amplifier?

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
I am not well versed on this type of amplifier but if it were a class AB amplifier in combined with a class C amplifier (Doherty Configuration) I don't think you can get an answer with just this information, particularly since the peaking amplifier is run class C because that would then depend upon how hard you drove the peaking amplifier (there should be little or no quiescent current).

nimishasg

Joined Feb 4, 2020
I am not well versed on this type of amplifier but if it were a class AB amplifier in combined with a class C amplifier (Doherty Configuration) I don't think you can get an answer with just this information, particularly since the peaking amplifier is run class C because that would then depend upon how hard you drove the peaking amplifier (there should be little or no quiescent current).
Sir,then what all information might be required to compute the DC power dissipation in a Doherty amplifier?

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
My guess is all you need is the input collector or plate voltage and the current while being driven at the desired level, but I am no authority on that kind of amplifier.