How to drive a small transformer for a floating voltage source ?

marus

Joined Jul 9, 2008
Hi,
I have this schematic... and I don't know how to fill the missing part.
The transformer is made on a small ferite toroid. It must be driven with 100Khz square wave (0-12V). This must be mede from a 0-5V square wave from a micocontroler. Any ideas on how to do this ?

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Hi,
I have this schematic... and I don't know how to fill the missing part.
The transformer is made on a small ferite toroid. It must be driven with 100Khz square wave (0-12V). This must be mede from a 0-5V square wave from a micocontroler. Any ideas on how to do this ?

A push pull circuit will probably give the best results, a complementary pair of emitter followers might work out simpler than complementary MOSFETs. If the micro produces the pulses; you don't need an oscillator - but you need a level translator. A logic level small signal MOSFET should accomplish that by driving the complementary pair.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Your post #3 circuit should provide the necessary 100kHz drive, but I suggest reducing R5 to 47Ω.
It might help us to help you if you post your .asc file.

marus

Joined Jul 9, 2008
I did something wrong ? Why nobody wants to help me ?
You ask for the .asc file. I put the .asc file but no one seems to care....

RamaD

Joined Dec 4, 2009
Simulators do not like isolated circuits. Though this 1M resistors connected to gnd is the normal workaround, seems not ok here!

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Thanks for the files.
The sim runs ok for me if, as RamaD said, FGND1 and FGND2 are actually grounded (directly or via a resistor < 1meg).