How to detect static 1 hazard from circuit diagram ?

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by onurcevik, Jan 25, 2017.

1. onurcevik

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Hi im trying to find static hazards from circuit diagram:
    circuitsss.png

the Full question of diagram is :
    1) Find out that if circuit has static 1 hazard or not.
    2)For static 1 occuring what is the sorting order of the Gates ( sorry for my lame translation what i mean is in which gate sorting that static one occurs for ex: 1-3-5-2-3-5-4-5 etc.) .
    3)What is the circuit to eliminate static 1 (asking for circuit eq. to avoid static 1 thats why i try to place it in karnaugh but failed sadly).
    4)Also whhat can we tell about the static 0 hazard in this circuit.

sorry this question wasn't English i tried to translate it. but basicly my question is how to find static 1 hazard and avoid it. i tried to find circuit equation then place it on karnaugh but it really confused me and its probably not the proper way to do it ?

2. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
  3. onurcevik

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Thanks for the link its useful. Im gonna try to work on the equation now.

About karnaugh map. I tried that but i wanst sure. I know how to see hazards on karnaugh but putting equation to map is kinda hard. Is there any other way to see hazards on circuit diagram ?

4. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    Once you are experienced enough you can sometimes spot them because you can visualize the signals (for sufficiently small parts of the circuit) in your mind and you develop a feel of what to look for, but that is pretty ad hoc and unreliable at best. The K-map is probably the easiest and surest way to spot them, so it is worth spending some time getting comfortable doing it. Like many things, once you have enough understanding you will wonder why it ever gave you problems.