How to design the circuit for power Amplifier after selecting the transistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

abinash subash

Joined Jan 26, 2018
I have chosen the transistor and selected the ADS software to design a power Amplifier. I need design a high power Amplifier of about 100W. Any suggestions and help to design the complete circuit of amplifier.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
What is the actual assignment?

How can anyone help you design an amplifier if all that is known is that it needs to be about 100 W?

What is the basis by which you selected this transistor?

How can anyone help you design a circuit around a specific transistor when you haven't told them what that transistor is?

How does the selection of the ADS software impact the design of the amplifier?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
You are missing some critical pieces of information.
What is the frequency or bandwidth of operation?
What is the impedance of the load?

What are you driving, a loudspeaker, DC motor, heater, shaker table, ultrasonic transducer, laser diode, thermoelectric pile, RF antenna, etc., etc.?

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
A 100 W Ku band satellite transponder is difficult.

EDIT: Actually, that was a good guess. On another forum it is an RF transistor, rated for 125 W and 3 GHz.

ak

Last edited:

abinash subash

Joined Jan 26, 2018
What is the actual assignment?

How can anyone help you design an amplifier if all that is known is that it needs to be about 100 W?

What is the basis by which you selected this transistor?

How can anyone help you design a circuit around a specific transistor when you haven't told them what that transistor is?

How does the selection of the ADS software impact the design of the amplifier?
I have attached the datasheet of the transistor. Iam designing it for jammer. I planning for a wide band amplifier

I have attached the datasheet of the transistor. Iam designing it for jammer. I planning for a wide band amplifier
You are missing some critical pieces of information.
What is the frequency or bandwidth of operation?
What is the impedance of the load?

What are you driving, a loudspeaker, DC motor, heater, shaker table, ultrasonic transducer, laser diode, thermoelectric pile, RF antenna, etc., etc.?
Frequency from 20khz to 3GHZ
Iam using it for antenna to build a jammer
Impedance of load is 50Ohm

W
A 100 W Ku band satellite transponder is difficult.

EDIT: Actually, that was a good guess. On another forum it is an RF transistor, rated for 125 W and 3 GHz.

ak
Which forum

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
This thread was violated with the TOS/UA and it will be closed.

6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered "off-topic" at all times and will result in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Any kind of jammers (ie - Phone jammers)
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies
If You come across a thread or post discussing any of the above topics please report the thread so We can close, and if necessary remove, the offending thread/posts.

https://www.allaboutcircuits.com/user-agreement/

Status
Not open for further replies.