How to design power supply for Xenon lamp

Md Yusuf

Joined Jul 6, 2021
Hi, I need suggestion on how to design power supply for the Xenon lamp if anybody has idea about this please share thank you

Md Yusuf

Joined Jul 6, 2021
Actually I want to design the power supply for xenon light which is used in medical xenon light source for endoscopic application for that we will have to ignite the xenon lamp first with around 40kV voltage to ionize the xenon gas then will have to give low DC power supply which is around 12-20V DC to maintain the ionization between the electrodes so for that I am looking for help thank you

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Does anyone else find it scary that people designing medical devices come to a hobbyist forum for help?

Bob

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
I had an endoscopic light put down my throat and into my stomach. It did not use an antique and high voltage xenon light bulb, of course it used low voltage LEDs.
It was designed and built by a medical devices manufacturer, not by a student.

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
Does anyone else find it scary that people designing medical devices come to a hobbyist forum for help?

Bob
I didn't join until August 2020, but were there loads of questions about how to build a ventilator around March 2020?

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
There are loads of questions here about building medical devices from the same country that has millions of students showing their designs (made with a dirty soldering iron tip carrying solder around on it) on You Tube. You Tube pays the students for each person to watch the ad before the video.

kaindub

Joined Oct 28, 2019
I certainly dont want to be the guinea pig to have this shoved down my throat. Medical equipment containing electronics is highly regulated and has many levels of protection so that patients are not inadvertently electrocuted. The basic power supply is probably fairly trivial, its ll the peripherals to ensure safety that is complicated.

Juhahoo

Joined Jun 3, 2019
I dont believe he is building a medical devices, but just using medical device lamp for the project. I dont know why do you have to design such power supply because it isn't just as simple as you might think. Ready made models are available and they are not cheap. Doing such by yourself isnt going to be cheap neither.
Just skip the old tech and move to LEDs, simple, more reliable and easy to control.