how to design a usb 5V kHz data transmitter & receiver

skhlane

Joined Jun 4, 2014
I want to design a usb 5V kHz data transmitter & receiver to enable two PC's two communicate and exchange infromation through kHz radio frequency powered by 5V usb connection. Can anybody help me electronics components do i need or where can i get schematic help for this?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Your specification is incomplete. I got the 5V from a USB port for power, but "kHz transmitter & receiver" doesn't suggest anything obvious. Frequencies in the range 1 kHz to 10 kHz are impractical for short range communications and the baudrate of any data exchanged would be far to low to be of interest.

skhlane

Joined Jun 4, 2014
I’m sorry my electronic is very limited. But I will try to be as clear as possible.

The TX/RX mode between 30 kHz to 100 kHz. Antenna is a dual wire soldered into the circuit. Software interface does most of the work so there is no manual buttons on the circuit except some light to show incoming and outgoing connections. The only button there is on the circuit is frequency adjuster but that under the cap embedded into the circuit.

Purpose is to have a reliable and free communication. You could send a file; for example a picture or a document and software converts it to bitrates and on the receiving end the bitrates converted back to the original file. For example if 1 page word document weight is 12KB it would take minimum 2.5 seconds or more over 30kHz connection. This is very slow but not meant for sole, it's for back up and add-on. When other connections does not work you would use this connection. Software can also be adjusted for e-mail and small messaging.

I choose between 30kHz-100kHz because i need to decide the furthest transmit range possible and highest data i can send. The connection is not meant for sole connection, I just don’t exactly what IC’s or other components to buy. What other specifications do I need to say? I don’t know how output impedance or RF output power calculated.

Last edited:

blocco a spirale

Joined Jun 18, 2008
I’m sorry my electronic is very limited. But I will try to be as clear as possible.

The TX/RX mode between 30 kHz to 100 kHz. Antenna is a dual wire soldered into the circuit. Software interface does most of the work so there is no manual buttons on the circuit except some light to show incoming and outgoing connections. The only button there is on the circuit is frequency adjuster but that under the cap embedded into the circuit.

Purpose is to have a reliable and free communication. You could send a file; for example a picture or a document and software converts it to bitrates and on the receiving end the bitrates converted back to the original file. For example if 1 page word document weight is 12KB it would take minimum 2.5 seconds or more over 30kHz connection. This is very slow but not meant for sole, it's for back up and add-on. When other connections does not work you would use this connection. Software can also be adjusted for e-mail and small messaging.

I choose between 30kHz-100kHz because i need to decide the furthest transmit range possible and highest data i can send. The connection is not meant for sole connection, I just don’t exactly what IC’s or other components to buy. What other specifications do I need to say? I don’t know how output impedance or RF output power calculated.
No offence intended but; you said you "want to design" this device but it sounds, from your question, as though you lack the basic knowledge to take this idea further. It's one of those instances where; if you have to ask such broad questions as those above, you probably don't have the knowledge/skills to design and build this device.

Last edited:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
The wavelength for an RF signal in the 30 kHz to 100 kHz range is so large as to be impractical with a small antenna.
For 30 kHz, wavelength λ = 10,000 Meters
For 100 kHz, wavelength λ = 3,000 Meters

Hi skhlane.
to make a circuit as you request, you will need an RF circuit and also a PIC Microcontroller circuit and make it as 2 sets, and write the Program.. it costs high, and also a big work., but i can suggest you 2 ideas you can take it if it may help you.
1., you can connect an external or a PCI wifi device for your Desktop computer as fullows.
PCI wifi.jpg PCI wifi2.jpg

but. above device/card will not required if your system is a Notebook (Laptop) it is because of almost all the laptop has a Built in wifi device.
and next you can follow as per the detail given in bellow youtube link.
also you can find many other links on youtube.
while sharing files in that system, your wifi router need to be connected to the power supply, but not accessory to have internet, it because of you are going to share within a small distant. but if you are trying to share for long distance this advice may not help you.
best regards.

skhlane

Joined Jun 4, 2014
thanks, Hameed you really did give me a direction. I think the circuit most definitely contain RF circuit connected to PIC micro controller. What PIC controllers do you recommend?