Use of data multiplex IC in the design

ep.hobbyiest

Joined Aug 26, 2014
Hello
I working on project in that data multiplex ic has used but i am not aware the use of it and even the IC name is also given. (The guy who design the schematic is not available these days.:()
So, I want to know which are the IC's can be use as Data multiplexing.
Here is the pinout of the IC given.
multiplexer.JPG

i googled the same but didn't helped much.
Is anyone know IC with approx. same pin map or similar functionality.
Any help will be appreciated.

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
CD4052, MC14052, 74hc4052, DG4052 etc same function but different pin out.
What is the supply voltage? 5V?
ADG1408/ADG1409 not right but close.
ADG608 ADG609 close.
ADG658 ADG659 close not right.
What package? Case type?
ts3a5017 pin out wrong.
MAX4618 wrong pin out.
----------------------------------------
DG409 from Intercil
1576384126066.png

Last edited:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
It is a dual 4:1 Multiplexer similar to a 74xx153, where xx can be LS, HC, HCT etc. depending on which family is compatible with the rest of the design. It is used to select one of the four inputs to be routed to the output. It is used in state machine design to select an input to determine the next state of the machine. It can be used to expand the number of inputs that can be monitored by a processor. It can also be used to implement two different, arbitrary functions of two boolean variables

Last edited:
We need a little more info.

For a start:https://www.onsemi.com/products/interfaces/analog-switches/nlhv4052

the mux/de-mux can be used for a lot of different things including Analog. One of the coolest things to use it for is a quick and dirty truth table. The addresses become the inputs and the multiplexed output becomes the answer. I used it once in the design of a model crane with electronically set limits.

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
The symbol has all pins labeled "input". So I thought it was "analog" because that is how the analog parts are labeled. BUT the symbol was probably made by a lazy person and some of the pins are output and that will tell us many things.
We need to know if pins 8&9 are input, output or IO. That will be a great help.
I rejected the 4052 type parts because the pin out is wrong.
I rejected the sn74ls153 parts because the pin out is wrong.
Correct pin out, ADG709 or DG409.

Or if we could see that part of the schematic, it will help. How is the part used.