How to create a power bank

Dan_M32

Joined Nov 14, 2021
Hello friends,

How can I create a power bank like this one?
This is a 12v power bank that allows charging and discharging from the same port (5.5 x 2.5 mm).
Which module do I need in order to create a power bank like this that can be used and charged from the same port? Because this battery pack is very expensive and I would like to make it myself if possible.

Thank you.

Dan_M32

Joined Nov 14, 2021
What does the switch do?. What is the barrel connector for? Why must it use the same port for charging and discharging?
The switch is for turning the powerbank on, it connects the positive wire to the plug. That’s all.
The barrel connector is for charging or discharging (connecting a 12v load).
I must have a single port for my project, but I don’t know which module is that, so I can charge and discharge from the same plug.

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
The switch is for turning the powerbank on, it connects the positive wire to the plug. That’s all.
The barrel connector is for charging or discharging (connecting a 12v load).
I must have a single port for my project, but I don’t know which module is that, so I can charge and discharge from the same plug.
Your requirement for a single connector for both charging and discharging the battery eliminates the possibility of using readily available inexpensive modules. As I asked before, why is this so important?
If there really is no other way to do it, you had better start brushing up on how to design your own combined charger and buck converter from scratch.