How to create a digital dice circuit on Logism using a 7 segment and D flip flops

MIGHTYMOOSE224

Joined Oct 25, 2022
Hey, I was wondering if anyone could provide any help in figuring out how to create a digital dice on Logism using D flip flops and displaying on a 7 segment display only displaying numbers 1-6?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Welcome to AAC.

Since this is homework, you need to show your best attempt at solving things. Doesn't need to be complete or correct, but we need a starting point from your efforts to help guide you along a path in which you do most of the work.

What are your thoughts on what is needed?

What does the assignment say as far as how this should work? Do you have a button, for instance, that when pressed displays a new random number?

MIGHTYMOOSE224

Joined Oct 25, 2022
A button will be used to activate the 7 segment display. I’m just confused on how to properly connect to the 7 segment display to show numbers 1-6 onlyC78F7E8B-5CB5-4448-8FFF-B06DE649102D.jpeg

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
It would be helpful if you posted the complete text for the problem.

Does the counter count 1-6?

Your connections to the 7 segment decoder don't make any sense. D is the most significant bit.

MIGHTYMOOSE224

Joined Oct 25, 2022
Yeah I’m pretty new at this so I apologize if my connections are not really right. The text is:
“Create a digital dice circuit that displays on a 7 segment display using a button. When the button is pressed the die will quickly change values. Make sure to only use the values 1-6”

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Yeah I’m pretty new at this so I apologize if my connections are not really right. The text is:
“When the button is pressed the die will quickly change values as long as the button is pressed. Make sure to only use the values 1-6”
Since you're using an asynchronous counter, is it safe to assume that you haven't been taught how to design a synchronous counter?

t1 is your least significant bit. It should be connected to the A input on the decoder.

Are you familiar with pin functions for 7447?
From Texas Instruments:
1666735782370.png

MIGHTYMOOSE224

Joined Oct 25, 2022
I just wasn’t sure how to make it compatible with the d flip flops. I get how it supposed to connect to the 7447 but I’m having trouble with how to properly do the connections

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I get how it supposed to connect to the 7447 but I’m having trouble with how to properly do the connections
Your counter has 3 outputs, the decoder takes 4 for inputs for BCD. You also need to wire the 3 control inputs appropriately and connect power and ground.

Last edited: