How to connect ESP 8266 wifi modular with local area network?

Arijeet

Joined Dec 27, 2019
Yes, I assumed that it does from the "Airplane Mode" icon in the picture he posted.
No, it was not airplane mode. I want to explain one more time in brief.

1) I need to control a physical device from the help of ESP8266 Wifi Modular with node MCU /12-E, I have written a program which is based on Wifi server and local hotspot from mobile.
2) Esp8266 Modular can connect with the internet through Wifi Access and Mobile Hotspot.
I have performed two experiments.

# Now my professor is asked to me that control the physical device from the remote area locations ( Remote Area locations defined inside in the Institute where I am studying, not wide area ).

Note- ESP8266 WifiModular can only access if the user is connected with the same network,

3) Suppose the user is using the same wifi or same mobile hotspot on his system then the user can access the physical system through a web browser which is mentioned in the code by created page, selected a port no(80) e.g.

So now on my campus, I have Wifi connections and Lan port (ethernet connections are active) in the personal computers.

4) In personal computers we don't have wifi options, only ethernet or local area networks are present.

5) Now I need to connect my ESP8266 Wifi Modular with Lan connection, therefore if it is successful then the user access the physical device through the
1)Wifi Modular
2) Web page which is generated by code which I have written and uploaded in the modular
3) after uploading my Arduino ide(Serial Monitor) will provide the IP address and copy the address into the web browser and open the web page.
4) But above 3rd step will be only successful if the user is connected with the same network.
So here what I read in google the only possibility I got, make a port forwarding.
As usual port forwarding can be done or not, I have no idea,

In the last, I have attached some screenshots which I had performed earlier through my mobile hotspot.
Now I need the same thing from Lan connections.
Remember Esp8266 don't have Lan port.

Now all expertise can give me ideas or solutions.

Attachments

Last edited:

thurtado

Joined Jun 6, 2017
Clearly you have misunderstood what was said. I have been designing with the ESP8266 for several years now on a number of products and understand its capabilities.

Good luck.

Arijeet

Joined Dec 27, 2019
Clearly you have misunderstood what was said. I have been designing with the ESP8266 for several years now on a number of products and understand its capabilities.

Good luck.
where I have misunderstood.well you are experienced in esp8266, so can you elaborate me what should I do? I expect you will provide me right path.

Zauldy

Joined Mar 26, 2009
The official answer: no, the ESP8266 doesn't support a LAN connection. The unofficial answer: there are people trying to get LAN-support going using bit-banging, though it's all proof-of-concept. Normally you program the ESP8266 over serial BTW (although OTA is possible if implemented).
Connecting ESP8266 Over LAN - Everything ESP8266
www.esp8266.com/viewtopic.php?t=15203