how to circuit wire TDC on a press

skhumbuzo123

Joined Aug 27, 2021
hi can you assist me with TDC i am wiring a control box for 100ton press i am using contactors relay and a limit switch or a pnp sensor.

i wired the contactor to the sensor but the sensor cuts the conactor and i can start again

all i want is to cycle the press and stop on tdc and be able to reset and start again

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
and a limit switch or a pnp sensor.
Not so sure you can do it with your sensor. A limit switch yes, because they have two different contacts in them, a NO and a NC. The NC would get opened when the crank or ram hits TDC shutting off that contactor/relay. And the NO would close at TDC enabling the start contactor/relay to work for the next cycle.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
hi can you assist me with TDC i am wiring a control box for 100ton press i am using contactors relay and a limit switch or a pnp sensor.

i wired the contactor to the sensor but the sensor cuts the conactor and i can start again

all i want is to cycle the press and stop on tdc and be able to reset and start again
Wire your sensor to a relay, use the relay contacts to break power to the contactor coil. The relay can be configured in a latching way so that you press and release the button and the press runs until the sensor is activated (auto mode) and then to keep going or to retract, you can hold the button in (manual mode).