How to charge this 7.2v battery pack with an AC-DC adaptor?

suuewwhg

Joined Aug 24, 2017
Hi guys,

Bit of a noob here, how can I charge the following battery pack using the charger seen in the picture:

Do I need an additional piece to charge this?

Thanks!

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
For proper charging, you need a circuit appropriate for the battery chemistry. The photo isn't focused clearly enough for me to make out battery chemistry...

In a pinch, you could trickle charge at 0.1C and monitor battery voltage/temperature so you don't overcharge.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Don't think I'd trust a battery branded "Sir Killalot" :eek:
Since the adapter is rated for only 330mA (if I'm reading correctly), you might want to put, say, 10Ω in series when charging a severely discharged battery.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
To expand on dl324's post #2. Your battery is 500 milliamp-hours, so charging at 0.1 C means charging at 50 milliamps.

Since the battery voltage is higher than the output of your "charger" (wall wart power supply) you will have to either use a different power supply or use some circuitry to boost the voltage to more than 7.2 volts and limit the current to 50 milliamps.

If you don't mind building some active circuitry, let us know and maybe one of our very talented members will volunteer a circuit.