How to calculate voltage divider from the schematic

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by sekhar916, Oct 3, 2017.

1. sekhar916

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 5, 2017
    Below is the schematic of my Battery voltage divider. I want to calculate ADC values. So the BATV pin is connected to my controller ADC.
    [​IMG]
    the battery input voltage varies from 16.8 to 12V how to calculate voltage divider from the below schematics. I am new to ADC and reading the schematics

2. GuzelSans4

Sep 27, 2017
    Hy Sekhar Here is the basic formula which expresses the relationship between ADC value, measured value and actual bits.
    [​IMG]
    You can utilize this formula for your specific case. I actually pasted the formula from Basics of electrical post you can check it for more details.
    As far as the voltage divider calculations are considered you can easily use a VDR calculator to do your calculations. An example is http://www.voltagedividercalculator.com/ from which you can perform. This resource will hopefully be enough to start with. Sorry for not providing more help regarding the schematic. Since in my industry I only have to deal with simple Arduinos and boards where the most complex case is a power divider resistor.

sekhar916 likes this.
  3. sekhar916

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 5, 2017
    Thank you, I got help from my hardware engineer in analyzing the schematic and now I am able to solve it.