How to build capacitor.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
It is troubling how badly Google serves the majority of the global population.
Seems only Americans and Europeans can get answers to their questions using Google and the rest of the world has to contact one of these privileged groups of Internet users in order to find meaningful search results.
Or am I missing something fundamental here?

It is troubling how badly Google serves the majority of the global population.
Seems only Americans and Europeans can get answers to their questions using Google and the rest of the world has to contact one of these privileged groups of Internet users in order to find meaningful search results.
Or am I missing something fundamental here?
Well... I'm certain our community provides a more productive experience than sifting though the chaff produced by a Google search... Even so basic an inquiry is likely to return more Ads, irrelevancy and all around 'bull' than substance --- Moreover, given the Anglo-centric 'slant' of the web, I can but imagine the challenge is greater for non-native English 'speakers'...

Best regards
HP

profbuxton

Joined Feb 21, 2014
Do it the way it was originally done. Line the inside of a glass jar with metal foil and the outside with metal foil, connect inside and outside to supply and presto , one capacitor

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Well... I'm certain our community provides a more productive experience than sifting though the chaff produced by a Google search... Even so basic an inquiry is likely to return more Ads, irrelevancy and all around 'bull' than substance --- Moreover, given the Anglo-centric 'slant' of the web, I can but imagine the challenge is greater for non-native English 'speakers'...

Best regards
HP
Are you suggesting that the collective opinions of a few individuals shooting from the hip (i.e., anecdotal recollections) is a more valuable resource than Google and other factual data on markets? What are YOUR sources?

Google is relatively complete. It shows at least 8 major manufacturers of capacitors and 30 + distributors of capacitor in India. Has Rristesh done a market survey to see if more manufacturers are needed? That would be a good place to start, then he can try to collect to capital to build his plant.

Rritesh, Do you have a business plan? That is absolutely required before any informed investor will provide capital to you. What is the current market for made-in-India capacitors? What competitive advantages would such capacitors have? How much market growth per year do you predict and on what factors will that increase be predicated?

John

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Has Rristesh done a market survey to see if more manufacturers are needed?
The question of needed more manufacturers is only one question regarding the probability of commercial success.
If that was an important criteria, we would still have only Chrysler, Ford and GM in the US. They had plenty of capacity to fill demand (and willingness to grow as needed).

Rritesh, Do you have a business plan? That is absolutely required before any informed investor will provide capital to you. What is the current market for made-in-India capacitors? What competitive advantages would such capacitors have? How much market growth per year do you predict and on what factors will that increase be predicated?

John
Why do we need to be privy to this information before we can tell him how a capacitor us made? The business plan is generally more confidential than manufacturing technology.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I am indeed surprised by your comments. On what basis do you consider Chrysler and GM American commercial successes? Is the US government a commercial success? I suggest that its downgraded credit rating and immense debt argue against that. Chrysler is not even an American company.

His question in context was not how a capacitor is formed, but how it is manufactured.

John

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I am indeed surprised by your comments. On what basis do you consider Chrysler and GM American commercial successes? Is the US government a commercial success? I suggest that its downgraded credit rating and immense debt argue against that. Chrysler is not even an American company.

His question in context was not how a capacitor is formed, but how it is manufactured.

John
Your comment about having a need for more capacitor manufacturers said nothing about competitive manufacturers - that is why I said more were welcome in the market while your question implied that at some point number of manufacturers was a critical criteria. And what knowledge do any of us have about government subsidies available to indian companies ( the OP's and/or his potential competitor) and how that could possibly have anything to do with how capacitors are made, produced, manufactured, created or whatever the OP meant by the phrase "manufactured".

Are you suggesting that the collective opinions of a few individuals shooting from the hip (i.e., anecdotal recollections) is a more valuable resource than Google and other factual data on markets?
No, I'm suggesting that AAC's 'signal to noise ratio' is far superior to that of Google...
What are YOUR sources?
If you mean: "How do I support my conclusions as regards the merits of Google"; Merely several years' observation of the increasingly unfavorable proportion of useless, misleading, slanted and otherwise bogus info returned by Google searches --- If, on the other hand, you are inquiring as to my own sources of information -- That'd be reputable, peer-reviewed, publications, consultation with Bona Fide experts (including 'on-line' resources having readily verifiable/reviewable 'track records') and, occasionally, independent (scientific) research --- While Google may, in the former cases, assist in the location of such resources - it can hardly be recommended as a 'starting point' much less a research tool...:confused:
Google is relatively complete. It shows at least 8 major manufacturers of capacitors and 30 + distributors of capacitor in India.
Indeed! The 'answers' are there - but veritably drowning in a sea of nonsense (to state it politely) --- 'Tis elementary information theory, to wit: seeing everything is as seeing nothing!:rolleyes:
Has Rristesh done a market survey to see if more manufacturers are needed? That would be a good place to start, then he can try to collect to capital to build his plant.
It is difficult to 'divine' the OP's intent; Whereas his initial inquiry appeared an electronics question -- his follow-up related to economics (Spec marketing feasibility) -- If, in fact, his original/true intent was that of a 'business question' then, of course, he would be better served by fora dedicated thereto --- That said, Google (and its ilk) --far from a first step-- Are better employed as a 'last stop' - having once garnered sufficient prowess (in the area of inquiry) to distinguish the 'wheat from the chaff', as it were...
---My $.02---

You will please excuse my overuse of metaphors, idioms and proverbs:oops:

With sincere respect and very Best regards
HP:)