How to add switches to 2 channel remote

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekremgusani

Joined Mar 20, 2011
How to add momentary push buttons for reversing motor to 2 channel remote controller?
The dpdt switch working fine to back/forward motor but when connecting the 2 channel remote controller then only remote works and dpdt switch stops working.
Please see the schematic and if you know the fix please reply with schematic.
Thanks.

D6D20D29-7B67-4C4B-8AE7-8EADB7195165.jpeg

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
As drawn if the DPDT switch is calling for CW rotation and the remote relays are calling for CCW rotation you will be placing a short across the power in.
If you want CW/CCW rotation using push buttons you could try a latching circuit. Whatever you do you need to configure the circuit so either your remote or your DPDT switch route power to your motor and not both at the same time. What exactly are you trying to do?

Ron

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
What Reloadron said. I noticed too that you're using the same power source to try and do two different things at the same time. In either configuration you're going to short the system out. The right way to have the switch change the direction of the motor is to connect it AFTER the remote relays. You're almost there.

Give me a few minutes and I'll post a drawing similar to yours.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Easy fix. Now the remote controls the direction of the motor (left or right). If you want to manually change the way it operates you just throw the switch and the motor now spins the opposite direction. AND if you actuate the remote then the motor again changes direction. At no time are you shorting anything out.

Motor Direction.jpg

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
One question I haven't seen asked... Does the 2 channel remote have a STOP position? If so, it will be placing a short across the motor when the motor should be remotely stopped.

ekremgusani

Joined Mar 20, 2011
What Reloadron said. I noticed too that you're using the same power source to try and do two different things at the same time. In either configuration you're going to short the system out. The right way to have the switch change the direction of the motor is to connect it AFTER the remote relays. You're almost there.

Give me a few minutes and I'll post a drawing similar to yours.
No, i am not using remote control and manual momentary switch at the same time...!
I am using this motor for automatic blinds opening and close, so sometime I am using remote control and sometime I am opening and closing the blinds with momentary dpdt push buttons.
The wires are getting hot and start smoking so I disconnected the DPDT switch

ekremgusani

Joined Mar 20, 2011
One question I haven't seen asked... Does the 2 channel remote have a STOP position? If so, it will be placing a short across the motor when the motor should be remotely stopped.
they are in STOP position, you have to press button on remote for motor to work.
No, i am not using remote control and manual momentary switch at the same time...!
I am using this motor for automatic blinds opening and close, so sometime I am using remote control and sometime I am opening and closing the blinds with momentary dpdt push buttons.

ekremgusani

Joined Mar 20, 2011
As drawn if the DPDT switch is calling for CW rotation and the remote relays are calling for CCW rotation you will be placing a short across the power in.
If you want CW/CCW rotation using push buttons you could try a latching circuit. Whatever you do you need to configure the circuit so either your remote or your DPDT switch route power to your motor and not both at the same time. What exactly are you trying to do?

Ron

ekremgusani

Joined Mar 20, 2011
Easy fix. Now the remote controls the direction of the motor (left or right). If you want to manually change the way it operates you just throw the switch and the motor now spins the opposite direction. AND if you actuate the remote then the motor again changes direction. At no time are you shorting anything out.

View attachment 140043
How can the remote control work if the momentary DPDT switch is in stop position, how it is going to activate the motor?

ekremgusani

Joined Mar 20, 2011

View attachment 140043
when I tried your schematic the remote didn't activated the motor because of the MOMENTARY DPDT switch, The Momentary dpdt switch has to be at ON position at the same time when pressing the remote control in order for the motor to work but I do not want that.
I want to control the motor separately , with option to choose the momentary dpdt switch or the remote control. BTW the remote control is on "momentary mode" too.

Last edited:

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
with momentary dpdt push buttons.
First I've heard of momentary push buttons. Sorry if I missed something.

Looking bac I now see you mentioned "Momentary" from the start. I missed that. I took your diagram to represent a DPDT switch. I thought you were referring to adding momentary switches to control the relays.

ekremgusani

Joined Mar 20, 2011
First I've heard of momentary push buttons. Sorry if I missed something.

Looking bac I now see you mentioned "Momentary" from the start. I missed that. I took your diagram to represent a DPDT switch. I thought you were referring to adding momentary switches to control the relays.
Thank you, will try it this weekend and let you know. I really appreciate it. Thanks.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
@ScottWang According to your diagram the motor is constantly running in reverse. Follow the positive wire through the switches and you see that a positive potential is sitting on the negative lead of the motor. Follow the negative wire through the switches and you see that a negative potential is sitting on the positive lead of the motor. With no input from the user the motor just runs on and on and on.

The way DPDT2 is wired, no matter what the remote control relay system does it has no effect on the motor whatsoever. I think you probably just got the common wires on the DPDT switches swapped around somehow. But I think you're on the right path.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
@ScottWang According to your diagram the motor is constantly running in reverse. Follow the positive wire through the switches and you see that a positive potential is sitting on the negative lead of the motor. Follow the negative wire through the switches and you see that a negative potential is sitting on the positive lead of the motor. With no input from the user the motor just runs on and on and on.

The way DPDT2 is wired, no matter what the remote control relay system does it has no effect on the motor whatsoever. I think you probably just got the common wires on the DPDT switches swapped around somehow. But I think you're on the right path.
Thanks for your mentioned.
The switches just shown the function that the TS can be control whatever he want, so I didn't care about the default position, and I also didn't change the contacts of relay of remote controller, because the TS mentioned that his tested was ok.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
I meant 2 x spst NO momentary switches
I'm not sure that I understand your question.

Do you meant that NO= don't want, so you don' want to use momentary switches?

If your meant that you want to use two SPST switches to replace two DPDT in my posted #11, it's impossible in your application, could you describe more clearly that you trying to do?

ekremgusani

Joined Mar 20, 2011
I'm not sure that I understand your question.

Do you meant that NO= don't want, so you don' want to use momentary switches?

If your meant that you want to use two SPST switches to replace two DPDT in my posted #11, it's impossible in your application, could you describe more clearly that you trying to do?
NO - “normally open” momentary switch

Status
Not open for further replies.