How many loads can a single relay handle

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
You could try any of the Dodge forums such as that for a partial schematic, , many Auto based forums are aimed at one particular make, some even just cover one particular model.
Max.

Last edited:

Jason Andrew Langgin

Joined Feb 26, 2018
This is what I want

I had a look at the factory wiring and it uses what looks kind possibly 18 to 20awg

I'm using 16awg

So what size fuse for running the three loads in the picture on pin 85 as trigger or is running the 85 off of factory fuse good enough

Cause the relay coil runs at 150ma barely any current

Attachments

Jason Andrew Langgin

Joined Feb 26, 2018
Hi Jason.
A little confused with your use of the term "trigger" when referring to pins 30 and 87 on a relay.
Pins 85 and 86 would normally be referred to as the trigger pins.

Pin 30 is the power supply input, so is usually the only pin that needs fusing.
The exception would be if you want to individually fuse each device being supplied from the relay output pin 87.

An example would be if you wanted to fuse the vehicle and trailer reverse lights separately.
A 10A fuse could be fitted at the power source(battery, fuse box etc) for the wire going to pin 30.
Two wires with a 5A fuse in each would be connected to pin 87. One wire would go to the vehicle's reverse lights, and the other wire would go to the trailer plug.
A short in the trailer would only blow the 5A fuse to the trailer plug. The reverse lights on the vehicle would still operate.
The 10A fuse would protect the wire to pin 30 on the relay.

What three devices are being powered by the relay?
2.1A at 12v is only about 25Watts. Most reverse light bulbs are 21W. Are your reverse lights LED?
Sorry I had it all wrong check out my picture please

Attachments