How Electronic digital air pump work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Hello,
How does Air filler in tyre work there is led display with volume of air to be fill work.
I have seen many in fuel station.

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Hello,
How does Air filler in tyre work there is led display with volume of air to be fill work.
I have seen many in fuel station.
Succinctly: A pump, A pressure transducer/'manometer', a processor, a display -- and, for the units that build pressure only to the preset value, an electrically operated relief valve...:cool:

Best regards
HP

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
How would you think it would work? If you take the time to break it down into its component parts you would get something like this:

Air pump
Pressure Transducer to measure pressure
Display system
Power controls - relays for the pump etc.
Microcontroller to coordinate everything
Power supply
Plumbing - valves etc.
Hardware - hoses, buttons, enclosure etc.

Draw a block diagram on paper and connect the parts in such a way that you can trace its operation.
If you need more detail (the display, for example) take another sheet of paper and draw the blocks that might make up the display - LCD crystal, LCD controller, backlight etc. Do that for each subsystem as required until you get to the level of understanding that you desire.

If you get into the habit of thinking of a device as a collection of sub-systems that you already understand, its not hard to figure things out by yourself. That is the way of engineering.

It is unreasonable (and unacceptable) to take whatever new question pops into your head, immediately drop it on the forum and expect the members to drop everything and work on your latest curiosity. That is a misuse of the forum AND its members. Do your OWN research then you may ask questions about specific details. This is not the first time you have been told to do just that, yes?

You have homework to do in your other threads. Several members are working very hard to help you master some concepts, you are making progress and those kind teachers have earned the right to expect your undivided attention. The moderation staff has been working very hard to keep those threads on topic, free from others' distracting comments and have been taking heat for it on your behalf - we also have earned the right to expect that you apply yourself diligently to those tasks.

I am going to lock this thread so that you can get back to that work. When it is completed AND you have done some real research on this question, PM me and I will reopen the thread for discussion.

@RRITESH KAKKAR

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.