Any suggestions for a simple digital electronic project?

Shantanu973

Joined Feb 23, 2018
I want to make a a simple project for my college submission. we have been taught till multiplexers. So it must be till that, nothing extra. Also, I dont want locks as everybody is making those. please help me fast.

Picbuster

Joined Dec 2, 2013
What is your current educational level? (till multiplexers don't say anything )
If you want advice we need your:
1: technical level expressed what type of school are you and in which year. ( (non) technical engineer / Bcs/ Msc)
We need this to identify the correct project.

Picbuster

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Since you say college admission, I assume you are at the US equivalent of high school junior or senior. A frequently done project (maybe not as common as the lock) is a "1-wire" interface between a microcontroller and an LCD display. A search on "1-wire LCD interface" will reveal a plethora of such projects. AAC even has a project on that subject: https://www.allaboutcircuits.com/projects/a-one-wire-lcd-for-your-microcontroller/

Shantanu973

Joined Feb 23, 2018
What is your current educational level? (till multiplexers don't say anything )
If you want advice we need your:
1: technical level expressed what type of school are you and in which year. ( (non) technical engineer / Bcs/ Msc)
We need this to identify the correct project.

Picbuster
1st year engineering.

Picbuster

Joined Dec 2, 2013
I don't know where you are living but first year of engineering is undefined for me.
After the first year of engineering (in Europe) you are familiar with basic mathematics , heat and heat transfer in fluids, closed loop controllers and programming in C or Pascal plus some other nice things.

Make a simple project like;
Controlling boilers temperature.
write a PID controller to do so.
Produce result on display.

Good luck
Picbuster