How does someone can come to this formula in closed loop OpAamp?

TarikElec

Joined Oct 17, 2019
Hello Everyone,
SO I found this amazing article (part 2) about negative feedback and I love it. how does he come to that the

closed-loop cutoff frequency (fC,CL) is related to the open-loop cutoff frequency (fC,OL) as follows:

fC,CL=fC,OL(1+ALFβ)

Last edited:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006

LvW

Joined Jun 13, 2013
However, you should keep in mind that this simple relation between open-loop (Aol) and closed-loop (Acl) bandwidth is valid only under the assumption that the open-loop frequency response Aol (magnitude) can be regarded as a 1st-order system only (20dB drop below the unity-gain frequency (Aol=0dB).

TarikElec

Joined Oct 17, 2019
This derivation of the closed loop transfer function can be found in elementary textbooks and articles on feedback control. Like this one:
https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/systems/closed-loop-system.html#:~:text=To find the transfer function of the closed-loop,equal to: Output = G x Error
Thanks, but I could not find on the link you attached, the frequency bandwith of closed loop in term of the open loop bandwith and the gain as : fC,CL=(fC_OL)*(1+AL*Fβ)

TarikElec

Joined Oct 17, 2019
However, you should keep in mind that this simple relation between open-loop (Aol) and closed-loop (Acl) bandwidth is valid only under the assumption that the open-loop frequency response Aol (magnitude) can be regarded as a 1st-order system only (20dB drop below the unity-gain frequency (Aol=0dB).
thanks, this I did not knew