How Do You Take Your Whiskey?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
My brother invested some effort into tasting a range of Amercian whiskies and settled on Buffalo Trace straight Kentucky bourbon as his all-around favorite. They're the same folks that make Pappy Van Winkle, which is out of my price league. They also used to be a customer of mine, so they have a special place in my heart.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
I quit drinking whiskey a long time ago, and was never a connoisseur, however I know a guy who has drunk a lot, I mean a huge lot of whiskey. He was a Jack Daniel drinker for quite a while until he tried George Dickel, which is now his favorite. When I recently toured the JD distillery, I discretely asked our tour guide about Dickel (which is made close by.) After a couple of sideways glances, he said Dickel was "mighty fine."

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I think drinking is more about who you drink with and the resulting conversation that the alcohol lubricates. I'm not saying that you shouldn't drink alone - you just shouldn't go to work the next day and tell everyone about the interesting conversation you had with yourself.

If its higher quality over the rocks, if its lower with cola. But since more and more bars in my area are switching to pepsi I am starting to prefer beer or white wine mixed with sparkling water (we call it gemišt)

Davrum

Joined May 14, 2015
Either on the rocks if it's good stuff or with a little ginger beer if it's stock.

Rum is also best with ginger beer I've found.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
cmartinez Off-Topic 5