How Do You Take Your Whiskey?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
One side of my family is strong in alcoholic abuse. I suspect it is tied to a tendency toward muscle spasms, and that tendency started when alcohol was the best remedy available. Unfortunately, alcohol activates the "euphoria button". I have the tendency toward muscle spasms, but I detest the effects of alcohol. But for that grace, I might have gone down the dark road.

For those that can imbibe moderately, more power to you.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
One side of my family is strong in alcoholic abuse. I suspect it is tied to a tendency toward muscle spasms, and that tendency started when alcohol was the best remedy available. Unfortunately, alcohol activates the "euphoria button". I have the tendency toward muscle spasms, but I detest the effects of alcohol. But for that grace, I might have gone down the dark road.

For those that can imbibe moderately, more power to you.
That pretty much sounds like the "fuse" I have in my system... after so many drinks, I stop liking it anymore and move on to coffee or something else... I pity those whose body keeps on demanding more and more until they're knocked out

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
I just walked in from my shop. I am building a grill for my new three burner Camp Chef stove. It is 104 deg. F. in my shop and I have sweat rings in places I should not mention on this forum. I am sitting here reading this thread with an ice cold frosty beer in my hand. It is 4:15 in the afternoon and life is good.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
and I'm sitting here thinking I need to go replace that fence post, but I just can't face the heat. :( Why do fence posts rot out in July? January would be so much better! If only I drank, maybe I would have an excuse...or feel the heat less... :p

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
Do what I do. Work just as hard, just not as long. When I get that, getting too hot, out of focus feeling, I stop, go inside, get on my computer and go to this forum called,"All About Circuits". I futz around, read a few posts, see that #12 has already answered all the really good questions. About that time I have cooled down and I head back out to the shop again.

Oh yea, I've cooled off enough and the beer is empty. Time to finish that lid hinge. See you later.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I just walked in from my shop. I am building a grill for my new three burner Camp Chef stove. It is 104 deg. F. in my shop and I have sweat rings in places I should not mention on this forum. I am sitting here reading this thread with an ice cold frosty beer in my hand. It is 4:15 in the afternoon and life is good.
There are so many things in a normal man's daily life to be grateful for, but most of us either shrug them off or flat out ignore them... good for you for knowing how to enjoy life's little moments. Cheers!
Emoji Objects-177.png

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Your 104 ain't like his 104. 73 and cool in Minn today.
Thank you for noticing that. I have cleaned spark plugs in Phoenix at 104 degrees and thought it was a vacation compared to a heat index of 104 in Florida! You see, sweating doesn't work here in July. You just drip sweat without getting any cooler than the heat index. When your brain gets fuzzy, you either find air conditioning or a swimming pool...or risk dying. Now, if only I could have you dig the fence post hole in Minnesota, and mail the hole back here. :D

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
I lived in north west Florida from the age of 6 to the age of 28. So, what we are talking about here are the different degrees of hell, based on where we live. I refer my hell dry, with a twist of mesquite, and a beer chaser, thank you.

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Ah well...I got here because of family, and long before the heat bothered me, I was entrenched. At my age, security feels more important than adventure. I still have enough brain cells to find my way around a new place, but I don't want to.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
I kid Les. I LOVE the old Pueblo. Spent about 15 years in the area, and a proud Wild Cat alumni. Oracle (Biosphere II) Catalina, Tubac, Downtown Saturday Night, The Mall at the U of A (though they've destroyed it) 4th Avenue, Hotel Congress, Hi Corbett Field, Gates Pass, Winterhaven, Summerhaven, Sabino Canyon, Sierra Vista, Vail, Saguaro Monumant, Bisbee, Tombstone, The Desert Museum, Pima Air Museum, too many hiking trails to list.

Just glad I'm not there right now.

Last edited:

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
You know what Tucson's slogan is? Tucson: 112 in the shade, IF THERE WAS ANY SHADE!
I went to the first Microchip Master's conference in Chandler, in August. Survived it but stuck in the un-airconditioned jetway to board the return flight to Dallas I heard a classic old-Dallas lady exclaim "I don't carah if it is a driah heeet. I ain't nevah comin' back to Phoenix in the summah!" Melted my heart.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
cmartinez Off-Topic 5