How Do You Take Your Whiskey?

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I usually just take my whiskey from people who are smaller than me that can't fight back. :p
It seems like you answered a slightly different question than the OP asked. I think you answered, "how do you take THEIR whiskey." On the other hand, if you are bigger than the OP and he is not inclined to fight back, I guess he will not push the issue.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
You gotta hand it to the Russians... sometimes they can show practicality and common sense
And so do most Navies but the US Navy officially has a no alcohol policy that was strictly enforced (with medical exceptions) until the 1980's when beer was authorized from 45 continuous days at sea (some of us did 100+ days), I just so happened to be on that first 1980's beer supply mission at the IO Gonzo Station for Eagle_Claw when we sent some supply to the USS Nimitz for 100 days as a "Copier repairman" (A side job that I actually did).
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7027/6591253009_98d77465c6_b_d.jpg

http://www.rescueattempt.com/id6.html

We all had a beer before landing on the ship and tossed the empties out the loading ramp.

Last edited:

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Canada was the last of the Commonwealth Navies that eliminated "Splicing the Main Brace" about a decade ago.:(
Max.
Most of us still had a bottle for the right occasion. I had a few bottles of Jack Daniels from Singapore that lasted until we hit port in Kenya. The Chief (who liked a drink now and then) and I were good friends during that cruise but a shot still cost him $20.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Can't drink Whiskey shots anymore; especially sour mash; but always with water. Cognac or Brandy after dinner.

Drinking Whiskey with dinner is frowned on; but I find it delightful.

kv

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
How do I take my whiskey?
The same way I clean component leads.
I don't.
I prayed at the porcelain throne when I was young, but I apparently got smarter over the years. I simply don't like the effects enough to try to fit in with people that do enjoy the effects. After 20 years without a sip, I tried 5 ounces of wine just about a year ago. All I wanted was for it to go away!!!

Red faced, hot and sweaty, flaccid muscles. Not a hint of witty, handsome, or socially sophisticated.
I am just not the kind of person that metabolizes alcohol well. :(

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
cmartinez Off-Topic 5