How do I take care of the voltages?

diggitydoodoo

Joined Feb 10, 2022
My LED has a threshold of 3.7V, evaluation board is powered with 1to 5V, and microprocessor needs 3to 4V and the DAC needs Vdd around 2.7V to 5.25V and Vrefin= 1.25V. How do I take care of the voltages of the design ?

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Since everything except V(refin) can use either 5V or can be powered from the 5V through an LDO, a 5V supply seems ideal.

For V(refin), a programmable voltage reference, like this one, will work.

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
I’d go for 3.3V for everything except the LED. The LED can be driven by a transistor and be connected to any supply voltage ≥5V with the appropriate current limiting resistor.
Doesn’t the microcontroller have a built in reference?
LP2951 is my favourite voltage regulator. It is reasonably low dropout, accurate enough to be used as a reference, and can be supplied by any voltage up to 35V.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
I’d go for 3.3V for everything except the LED. The LED can be driven by a transistor and be connected to any supply voltage ≥5V with the appropriate current limiting resistor.
Doesn’t the microcontroller have a built in reference?
LP2951 is my favourite voltage regulator. It is reasonably low dropout, accurate enough to be used as a reference, and can be supplied by any voltage up to 35V.
Considering it, I think @Ian0 is right, 3.3V to the parts from a 5V main supply covers everything and is more flexible if you add things that are not 5V tolerant.