How do I Design a function generator(that generates Rect-pulse, Tri-pulse and Sine wave) using lm318

elmatador

Joined May 7, 2019
How do I Design a function generator (that generates Rect-pulse, Tri-pulse and Sine wave) with frequency of 60 KHz using LM318 opamp? help me please

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
How do I Design a function generator (that generates Rect-pulse, Tri-pulse and Sine wave) with frequency of 60 KHz using LM318 opamp? help me please
I would start with two oscillators. One of the oscillators would generate a sinewave, the other would generate a square wave. Then I would add an integrator to get the triangle wave. Last I would add a gating circuit to turn the square wave and triangle wave into pulses. You many need to use more than an LM318 to accomplish this task.

elmatador

Joined May 7, 2019
I would start with two oscillators. One of the oscillators would generate a sinewave, the other would generate a square wave. Then I would add an integrator to get the triangle wave. Last I would add a gating circuit to turn the square wave and triangle wave into pulses. You many need to use more than an LM318 to accomplish this task.
thank you very much for replying but the lm318 opamp can be used as an integrator?,and to generate the sin wave i will make a wien bridge oscilator using lm318?

danadak

Joined Mar 10, 2018
Essentially yes, although LM318 may need some compensation caps
applied per datasheet. Its a faster and trickier OpAmp to work with
especially in a bread board due to stray inductance and capacitance
in lead lengths.

Regards, Dana.

Last edited: