how can program a remote control

omokeji

Joined Mar 20, 2017
i need someone to please share with me how i can go about this proposed project.
i have a device that scroll up and down with manual switch how can i configure a remote control to work with it together with manual switch. any details ans will be well appreciated

thanks

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
We did this all the time with high end audio devices when I worked for Wadia. Once you select an IR-remote protocol, you program a microcontroller to generate the modulation signal for that protocol. Then you write a decoder for that protocol and you have a general purpose method of using either the remote control or the front panel switches.

Here is the NEC protocol that we used:
http://www.sbprojects.com/knowledge/ir/nec.php

Explore this website and other "goggled" resources for more options.

late_bloomer

Joined Feb 22, 2017
Can you be more specific on what you are trying to accomplish? Do you need mechanical remote? IR remote like for TV? Remote control through computer?

If you are talking about IR, try this link. You can program IR to transmit anything you like.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
i need someone to please share with me how i can go about this proposed project.
i have a device that scroll up and down with manual switch how can i configure a remote control to work with it together with manual switch. any details ans will be well appreciated

thanks
Does your mechanical switch have 3 positions, up/off/down? A picture would be helpful. What sort of range do you need? Line-of-sight like a typical TV?

Cheap radio-controlled toys have what is essentially a 3-position switch to control left turn, center, right turn. Maybe something like that?

omokeji

Joined Mar 20, 2017
actually i want to convert a car window glass roller engine to left a piece of wood in one of my project. i need a remote control to control the lifting up and down

omokeji

Joined Mar 20, 2017
just up and down only thanks
Does your mechanical switch have 3 positions, up/off/down? A picture would be helpful. What sort of range do you need? Line-of-sight like a typical TV?

Cheap radio-controlled toys have what is essentially a 3-position switch to control left turn, center, right turn. Maybe something like that?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
actually i want to convert a car window glass roller engine to left a piece of wood in one of my project. i need a remote control to control the lifting up and down
I think I'd hack an RC toy and use its controller. I'd avoid building something at the circuit level, since I think this does not need a novel solution.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009

thanks

I am having trouble understanding what you actually want to do. Are you asking now to use a remote control to control something? If so microchip has a paper on it:
http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/AppNotes/00657.pdf

And I have not fully read through the article but the following seems to show a way to create a remote control to control other devices. This one basiclly clones an existing control for a radio but uses the Arduino instead.
http://www.build-electronic-circuits.com/arduino-remote-control/

bertz

Joined Nov 11, 2013

thanks
First, decide if you want remote control by radio link or IR link.
If you want to use a radio link, then this will work for you.

If you want an IR link then this is what you need.

Of course you will need a micro-controller like Arduino or similar, a relay to switch the high current for the 12 volt motor, and some limit switches.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Are you trying to design a decoder for an off the shelf remote handset?

You can probably order an off the shelf decoder chip and only use as many functions as you need - a universal remote handset would make it easy to find matching code sets.

A simple DIY solution is a 555 based transmitter with buttons to select 2 timing resistors, a couple of NE567 tone decoders would suffice for a 2 function receiver.