how can i know the output power of a LED?

fragrance2008

Joined Nov 18, 2009
On the datasheet from Infineon was 200 μWatt @ 10 mA number and below that was the notation >100. In terms of specmanship I interpret this to mean that the mean of the normal distribution of values occurs at 200 μWatts and that the -3σ point occurs at 100 μWatts. No maximum value is specified. In the absence of better information I'd be tempted to infer that the +3σ point would be at 300 μWatts.

Fiber optic transmitters and receivers are inherently digital devices. What your supervisor wants is completely irrelevant. What he or you can actually demonstrate is the point. I don not believe that you can detect meaningful changes in intensity of a fiber optic transmitter with a fiber optic detector to recreate an analog signal waveform.

I don't think you could do it with an opto-isolator where the light source and the receiver are in the same package.

If you're looking for an optical method to pass analog signals I gotta say I don't think there is one, but I could be wrong. It should be possible to sample the analog singal, convert the sampes to a digital word, pass that down the fiber, recover the data at the other end, and use a DAC to recreate the original signal. I don't that was what he had in mind.
Thank you so much. I will discuss with my supervisor again.