How can I get dual tone from a 12v buzzer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
In post #34 the TS states that it is a water detector and he is using a relay "to trigger the buzzer", and else where states that it is a 12 volt device.
So my suggestion now is for the TS to go online and examine the Digikey catalog for SOUNDERS, not buzzers. The fact that many use an incorrect term does not make the term correct. And with a relay contact doing the switching there should be no complications or technical challenges.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
You cannot get "bee baa bee baa..." with your "buzzer".
You need to get a pieozelectric transducer. Or you take apart what you have and replace the electronics that is built-in.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I believe the TS is willing to abandon the circuit he provided and create a circuit with parts he can get to make a "two tone" buzzer. The ambiguity is what "two tone" means.

Does it mean an alternating tone like low, high; or does it mean two tones at the same time like a chord?
Or does he mean using one “buzzer” to produce two different tones, depending on a set of conditions? He said it was an alarm… does he want one tone if door 1 is open (for example only), and a second tone for door 2?

Update: he wants the bee bah bee bah circuit. Or beep pause beep pause etc…

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
This thread close to 60 posts, but our members still can't get a clear picture, so this thread will be locked.

If you wish to reopen the thread then please draw a circuit, diagram, sound table and describe what you really want and then click the report button at the bottom, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.