How am I going to do this?

Hertzegovac

Joined May 12, 2020
Hello, I have been looking for a solution for my abs lamp in my car. Now, this might not be car site or something like that but it is somewhat related to this site.
Here is the problem:
When I am starting my car, abs lamp should be on for a few seconds and than off.
The only problem is that this abs system does that by sending 1.5v (when lamp is on) and than 0.5v (when lamp is off).
This maybe sounds a bit weird but it does that from factory. The abs system is perfectly fine.
So i was wondering if i could use transistor to power up abs lamp?
Supply voltage is 12V.
Off state is 0.5v, on state is 1.5v (I quess this hooks up to base of transistor?)
Lamp resistance is 18 ohm and it is 3watt lamp.
How can i pull this of so it works?

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
This maybe sounds a bit weird but it does that from factory. The abs system is perfectly fine.
What are you going to do when there is an ABS problem? I'd wait for the manufacturer to fix it. If they don't, complain to the appropriate government agency.

Hertzegovac

Joined May 12, 2020
What are you going to do when there is an ABS problem? I'd wait for the manufacturer to fix it. If they don't, complain to the appropriate government agency.
The car is vw golf mk2 1989.
Abs (anti-lock system) is Teves 20 gi taken out from vw golf mk3 1993.
There is no ABS problem, AbS works fine, but i need something to power up 12v lamp that is controlled by abs wich controlls that by sending 1.5v when lamp is on and 0.5v when lamp is off.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Those voltages might be enough with or without a Joule thief for an led or a low voltage bulb. That is, just changing the bulb might be easier. Wikipedia will tell you what a Joule thief is.

Hertzegovac

Joined May 12, 2020
Those voltages might be enough with or without a Joule thief for an led or a low voltage bulb. That is, just changing the bulb might be easier. Wikipedia will tell you what a Joule thief is.
Thank you, i will try that out and keep you updated if that works. <3

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
Many car producers, for example VW uses the ABS lamp as the code diagnosing that brake sensor is broken or fuze is blown.