Hotter than...real hot things.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Every year we loose people (usually elderly) in Dallas. We haven't hit the peak, not even close. There is a special hotline number they can dial to be taken to a community center.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Maybe you were buying a "Caviar Container" not a "Container of Caviar" ;)

The words will get you every time. Or maybe they evaporated from the crazy heat.

..And why in the WORLD would you buy caviar through ebay?

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
It's a play on caveat emptor.
Nice.

Last night I reported someone on E-bay with 0 feedback who was selling 2 identical scopes, 2 multimeters, 2 frequency counters. Hadn't even bothered to use different pictures for them. I suppose it may be genuine, but the auctions have finished now and I suppose he has got paid.

sceadwian

Joined Jun 1, 2009
Markd, you should contact the buyers and join your voice and theirs to a single complaint.
Ebay, facebook, any conglomerate type website cares jack <expletive> for the user. They thrive on volume.

Make sure they know you're documenting every case you complain about and their lack of resolution (which won't occur) if you don't raise holy hell about the issue, while documenting the whole thing and threatening to report the responses and information to news/blog sites, you will be just another voice in the wind to them.

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
I'm sure if it does turn out to be fraud, then the buyers will get refunded. Personally I wouldn't give more than a few pounds to someone with zero feedback.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I'm sure if it does turn out to be fraud, then the buyers will get refunded. Personally I wouldn't give more than a few pounds to someone with zero feedback.
You seem to have more faith in ebay resolution than I have. Be sure to check the fine print. One of the biggest frauds out there is a fake organization using the name "eBay International Trading" or something like that. The claim is that it provides an escrow, but of course it doesn't. It is a fraud. The real ebay doesn't provide an escrow either, see its disclaimer.

In any event, I think we can agree that ebay is probably better than Craigslist at ferreting out scams.

As for feedback, be careful of the 100% feedback ratings where all of the deals are "private party."

John

Last edited:

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
For what Its worth,N.BC. news did a track back on a sony camera for a guy that got ripped off by a e-bay seller.There pay pal said, Its not my job,E-bay said Its not our job.N.B.C. tracked the computer IP to mom .Its was not her jobs.They helped him get a judgement for $1500.00 the court said It not our job,The Cavair spoiled In the
process.

count_volta

Joined Feb 4, 2009
Climate changes all the time. This has been going on for thousands of years. Nothing wrong with a lot of snow in the winter and hot in the summer.

Now if it snowed in the summer then be scared, be very scared. ;)

Here in Pittsburgh it has been 90+ this week. For us that's actually pretty darn hot. We don't have AC in our house either, we just have fans.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Climate changes all the time. This has been going on for thousands of years. Nothing wrong with a lot of snow in the winter and hot in the summer.

Now if it snowed in the summer then be scared, be very scared. ;)

Here in Pittsburgh it has been 90+ this week. For us that's actually pretty darn hot. We don't have AC in our house either, we just have fans.
Perhaps, but they used to haul bodies off the streets every morning in the major cities. People and societies change, hopefully for the better.

In the southern climates this is a deadly time of year. We occasionally get cold enough to kill, but mostly it is the heat.

During the small ice age in the 1700's it did snow in July. It was referred to as the year without a summer.